FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Post by calmhatchery »

I'm thinking what could be next in this game. Here my ideas. Please comment
- Spanish campaign 1936-39 (export core force to "Blitzkrieg")
- Italian campaign 1936-1941 (export core force to "Sandstorm")
- Japanese campaign 1940 - 1945 (export core force from "Morning Sun")
- Japanese marines Giretsu Kuteitai Campaign 1941-1944 similar like US marines campaign
- Soviet campaign 1. DLC: early period 1939-1941, s2. DLC: 1941-1945 eastern front, 1945 Manchuria
- US/ENG NAVY campaign in Atlantic Ocean 1939 - 1945
- US/ENG land campaign in 1. DLC: 1941-1943, 2. DLC: 1943-1945

I connected core force with existing campaign

what do you think? any sugesstions?
I hope that Devs will use some of ideas...
order future kopia.jpg
order future kopia.jpg (282.38 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
Last edited by calmhatchery on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 17 times in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Post by terminator »

No soviet campaign?
Eng/us campaign=libération campaign
Last edited by terminator on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

upss Ill correct it...you see a soviet campaign..
yes ENG/Us is Liberation of course...
ubcbeer
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ubcbeer »

ENG/US Campaign!!!
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Spanish civil war - only as extensive tutorial before German GC
Italian campaign - rather as a stand-alone game Mod (just like the Battle of Britain), of course I just think about the war in Italian East Africa 1940-41
Liberation - it would be good if there will be 2 separate campaigns: British and US Army

Other stand-alone game Mods:
- Battle of Atlantic (from Allies perspective)
- Air battle over Europe (Bomber Command & 8th USAAF vs. Luftflotte Reich)
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

kondi754 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:01 pm Spanish civil war - only as extensive tutorial before German GC
Italian campaign - rather as a stand-alone game Mod (just like the Battle of Britain), of course I just think about the war in Italian East Africa 1940-41
Liberation - it would be good if there will be 2 separate campaigns: British and US Army

Other stand-alone game Mods:
- Battle of Atlantic (from Allies perspective)
- Air battle over Europe (Bomber Command & 8th USAAF vs. Luftflotte Reich)
"Spanish civil war - only as extensive tutorial before German GC" - it could be OK but a few German unit could have some experience to next Blitzkrieg
"Italian campaign" - I thought a mix between war in Etyopia and after against France and Greece in 1940 and at least in Africa until Afrika Korps arrive march 1941
"- Battle of Atlantic (from Allies perspective)" - OK Ill add it :)
"- Air battle over Europe (Bomber Command & 8th USAAF vs. Luftflotte Reich)" - interesting Ill add it...
Narwhal
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Narwhal »

French Campaign :

Act I : Prelude : Early 1939 / 1940 battles (Norway, Arras, Dunkirk)
Act II : Death or Dishonor : Choose between Vichy (Dakar, Syria, Madagascar, Torch) or Free French (Kufra, also Syria but on the other side :), Bir-Hakeim, Tunisia). At the end of it, as historically, the Free French and the Vichy French army merge.
Act III : Redemption, with the Italian campaign : Corsica[Operation Vesuvius], then Monte Cassino//Garigliano. After this comes the Liberation of France campaign (Operation Dragoon, Liberation of Paris, March on Strassburg)
Finale : Race the Americans to Berchtesgaden. German resistance is only token but the player must move faster than the Americans !

Total : 13 levels to be played, 17 total. If too much, Madagascar and Free French Syria can probably be removed (so 12/15). Corsica may also be removed.

Notes :
- Plenty of new units, not only in 1939/1940 but all the sorts of infantry the Free French had to rely on (Goumiers, Tirailleurs Sénégalais, Infanterie Pacifique, French Foreign Legion). Also, Camel Cavalry !
- In the tech tree, the French have to choose whether they are going to use US equipment or UK equipment.
- Kufra was a small battle historically, almost a skirmish, but it was the first battle of the Free French and is famous in France for the Oath of Kufra, where General Leclerc asked his troops to
"Swear not to lay down arms until our colors, our beautiful colors, float on the Strasbourg Cathedral"
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I think could be good if Allied campaign will split in two: early ‘39-42 with france and British and late 43-45 with also USA. The same for soviets: 39-43 and 43-45...
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:14 pm I think could be good if Allied campaign will split in two: early ‘39-42 with france and British and late 43-45 with also USA. The same for soviets: 39-43 and 43-45...
It is a good idea. Ill made it thanks...
Basil Dazz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Basil Dazz »

I just attempted to use GODOT game engine to create my own design of a similar game, it would have the strategy of Hearts of Iron with the tactical of Order of War, but my brain fried after I had type 'main()', I guess between Paradox and Slitherine they have cast warding spells to prevent. There is also the fact that none would have been of my own idea, but HOI just lacks OoB perception of whats happening in the trenches and this, although it finally for me somehow cracked the monotony of PG etc. (I think it maybe the supply system, it also somehow seems a little quicker without resorting to an epilectic fit) It could just do with that evolving story aspect HOI has were faction pick through the research tree and choose allegiences.

Also voice acting for cut scenes is excellent (RUSE, Divinity OS) can add to the will of victory, possibly detrimental to sanity if playing as the 3rd Reich, I dunno.

Anyway the topic, yes, Africa as allies, liberation as allies, Soviets, poland defence etc. all good.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

I would love to see a Southeastern Japanese Campaign where Japan takes on the Commonwealth in Burma, and eventually cross over and take control of India
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

LandMarine47 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:20 am I would love to see a Southeastern Japanese Campaign where Japan takes on the Commonwealth in Burma, and eventually cross over and take control of India
Yes...War against France in 1940, taking HogKong, Taking Singapour, French Indochina (somthing different action than in Rising Sun with use the paratroop..., taking Burma and maybe India Yes :)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 am
Yes...War against France in 1940
Which war with France in 1940? Japan vs. France for French Indochina?
Nothing like that happened. The Japanese occupied military bases in today's Vietnam without a fight, on the basis of an agreement with the Vichy government.
There was only the war of Thailand/Siam vs. France Vichy in 1940-41
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Hi Kondi please check it !!! Officialy it was like you wrote but there were some mini battles :) For the game it would be good like in Panzer Corps (Pacific Mod) one scenario could be exist...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_ ... _Indochina

Today evening I'll update the MAP :)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 am Hi Kondi please check it !!! Officialy it was like you wrote but there were some mini battles :) For the game it would be good like in Panzer Corps (Pacific Mod) one scenario could be exist...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_ ... _Indochina

Today evening I'll update the MAP :)
Also you intend to create scenarios of the Anschluss of Austria and the occupation of the Sudetenland, too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
(even in this Wikipedia article it is written that the unit of the Foreign Legion surrendered without a fight for the first time :wink: )
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

You see, I love this game that's way Im still looking something :), I do not compare Anschluss of Austria to invasion on French Indochina :) hahah....I mean only one scenario in Japanese campaign :)
what about " ICHI GO" offensive in 1944 it was great Japenese BLitzkrieg in China it could be one of the last scenario in this campaign...
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

Hopefully future DLC´s will be longer than the usual 12 and/or minded/connected for a longer campaign.

I think it would be a real waste to have US, BRIT and RUS campaigns be over in just 12, even 16, missions.

But I also really hope that the developers aren´t finished with the pacific theater. Having core air, sea and land is really what makes this game awesome IMO.

Maybe the original US and JAP, and even the BRIT (Burma Road) campaigns could be expanded with more missions. Those were really awesome and I wouldn´t mind playing them again and again if there were more (new missions) in between the existing. The entire pacific war being over in 12 missions seems a bit lackluster and a waste.
Admiral_Horthy

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

All in all I support big campaigns, because I don't like the- loss of hard earned experience with core-importing in between - and leave with unfinished business behind

Finnland from soviet side as prelude to Soviet Grand campaign. OR a practice campaign - the Big Excercise held in Dec 1940 by STAVKA simulating fight between the USSR and Germany (of course fictional and biased - like in reality)
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

I updated the MAP !!! it is not the end :)
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:09 pm I updated the MAP !!! it is not the end :)
You had not split Allied west campaign...
I suggest aeronavale campaign in mediterran, as Italian side but also as British side...

Return to “Order of Battle Series”