Endsieg SS Resource Points

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

HobbesACW
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Endsieg SS Resource Points

Post by HobbesACW »

Hi folks, playing through the Endsieg campaign I'm always asked at the end of each scenario if I want to transfer 100 resource points from the Wehrmacht to the SS.
Yet the SS is barley capable of deploying more than 3 or 4 units and has a huge number of resource points in reserve. I'm just wondering if I am missing something?
I now tend to use the few SS units I have as 'nearly suicide squads' bringing them out of combat with just a few points left as they are so easy to bring up to full strength again.
The SS have three units deployed in my current game and have more resource point available than the Wehrmacht who have about 20+ units in the field. Am I being an idiot?
Quite possible.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (72.88 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
Cheers,
Chris
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: Endsieg SS Resource Points

Post by GabeKnight »

Well, Chris, I can't really comment on the "idiot" part :wink: , but otherwise I concur with the rest of the statement. The RP balance's definitely off with the WSS.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

FWIW the current beta has a couple SS RP objective bonuses cut towards the late cam. Still routined players will probably have enough as there has to be some room for various players, approaches etc..

Basically you get a CP-limited force which otoh is not that much constrained by RP. Which is ok IMO, since they were given certain priorities eqp-wise from ca. midwar.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

bebro wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm FWIW the current beta has a couple SS RP objective bonuses cut towards the late cam. Still routined players will probably have enough as there has to be some room for various players, approaches etc..

Basically you get a CP-limited force which otoh is not that much constrained by RP. Which is ok IMO, since they were given certain priorities eqp-wise from ca. midwar.
Yep. Just use the stack of resources you get to turn them in an elite force. Always newest equipment, always elite reinforcements etc.
Mercutio
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Mercutio »

Any idea on when this beta will become a release?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Andy2012 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 pm Yep. Just use the stack of resources you get to turn them in an elite force. Always newest equipment, always elite reinforcements etc.
I did that and still rather wished for a "transfer funds from Waffen-SS to the Wehrmacht" option in the later scens. :wink:
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Mercutio wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm Any idea on when this beta will become a release?
I think I heard that the last iteration will last until around early February, so a release will be later than that. But I honestly dont have the time to participate in any testing right now, so I dont know how far advanced it is.
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

OK thanks for the info. I'm not an idiot then :)
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

Andy2012 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 pm
bebro wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:11 pm FWIW the current beta has a couple SS RP objective bonuses cut towards the late cam. Still routined players will probably have enough as there has to be some room for various players, approaches etc..

Yep. Just use the stack of resources you get to turn them in an elite force. Always newest equipment, always elite reinforcements etc.
The trouble with this idea is that the newest equipment costs even more CP to deploy. A month later I still have around 500 unusable RP for the SS and I'm still being asked if I want to transfer more points to them. We are sure this isn't a bug are we? Should it not be the other way around? Then it would make sense. Why is this option offered at the start of each turn? Has anyone ever said yes unless by accident?
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@Hobbes: No, I never transferred points, to be honest. I guess tweaking the SS and balancing that out neatly is another issue. However, getting it right might take some time.
Warbringa
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Warbringa »

I never saw this as a bug personally. It saw it as a consequence of choosing to advance the WSS tech tree all the way. It is the closest accurate way to offset the bonus of having more units to field from the WSS tech imo. Much like in WWII, as more and more resources flowed to the WSS, it weakened the Wehrmacht and the same happens in this game. You will have a ton of WSS CP build up but you will begin to lack CP for your Wehrmacht units, making for an interesting dichotomy. You should obviously not give the 100 CP at the start of each scenario to the WSS except for perhaps the first battle to build it up. There should not be an option to transfer CP back to Wehrmacht since historically the WSS and German Army were rivals in many ways. I actually like the strategic decision and the game effects of choosing to go all the way in the WSS tree or holding off on it. I still think you net out better advancing it since you can field more units overall. In hindsight, during a campaign, you should try to make your WSS units all front-line units than can eventually use the CP but that can be hard to do at first when the WSS gets very little CP early on.
Steenv
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Steenv »

A bit off topic, sorry for that.

1st, yes I use my WSS like Sturmtropper as well, lots of resources, so causality is not a problem.
2nd I find, that its a shame, that the WSS Wiking you can have for "free" early on in Blitzkrieg, dos not have an upgrade option in PK & ES, they are almost useless in PK and defiantly a liability in ES :evil: - and your are forced to upgrade out of the Wiking, and onto regular WSS.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”