CP adjustments - SPAT edition

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

CP adjustments - SPAT edition

Post by bebro » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 am

I'm toying with the idea to diversify CP needs for a number of self propelled AT/tank destroyers/assault guns, usually at 5 now.

Very heavy vehicles would get +1, so end up with a cost of 6. These are often based on heavy tanks, which cost 7.

Having them still a bit cheaper than full tanks makes sense IMO, otoh they are often very strong units, so lumping them all into a standard 5 for SPAT seems too generic. Typical candidates for this are Sturmtiger, Jagdtiger, Ferdinand, SU/ISU-152 for example.

Most of these units also come in late into the war/into campaigns when ppl already have bigger cores, and should be able to handle various CP needs better.

So any hard feelings about this? :)

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: CP adjustments - SPAT edition

Post by GabeKnight » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 pm

bebro wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:47 am
So any hard feelings about this? :)
Nope, definitely not from me. I think I've done something similar to some of those units in my mod already.

conboy
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by conboy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:54 pm

I would not like the US versions to go higher than 5 now. They're supposed to be less costly than tanks and the US M10 was everywhere.

conboy

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Its ok IMO.
In this way I think player could be interessed in keep older units version and the Game will earn variety.
But in this case I think players must have possibility of recruit old version: for exemple in 44 german player has not CP for jagdpanther so can buy an old marder I or II...

By the way insert Marder IIIM pleeease!! 😉

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:37 am

@bebro: I guess this makes sense. Heavy mobile AT with 2-3 infantry is already a lot more powerful than massed tanks. However, I am always a bit worried that this breaks old DLCs in terms of balance, especially Endsieg. Or is this just for future DLCs?

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:30 am

conboy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:54 pm
I would not like the US versions to go higher than 5 now. They're supposed to be less costly than tanks and the US M10 was everywhere.
These are more in the medium category mostly, so they stay at 5, like many others. Only the heavy monsters get upped, not all SPAT. For the US, I guess that late war protoype big thing (name escapes me right now) is a candidate but the usual M10, M36 are based on medium chassis, so no change there.

Andy:
I guess this makes sense. Heavy mobile AT with 2-3 infantry is already a lot more powerful than massed tanks. However, I am always a bit worried that this breaks old DLCs in terms of balance, especially Endsieg. Or is this just for future DLCs?
It would affect all content once implemented. It's no prob to check existing late scns for CP/supply needs, but few more required should not be problematic. If players deploy hordes of heavy units it would sum up of course but that has to be balanced as per usual by the player like when deploying too many heavy tanks already vs. medium.

conboy

Post by conboy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Bebro said:
These are more in the medium category mostly, so they stay at 5, like many others.
Ok, and thanks for keeping us advised!

conboy

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by kondi754 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am

If my opinion has any meaning in this discussion, it doesn't bother me in general, I am in favor of such a change
Additionally, I think that some of them should permanently get "unreliable" trait - for example Jagdtiger :wink:

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:22 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am
I think that some of them should permanently get "unreliable" trait
I've added the "unreliable" trait to the KV-2 units in my mod. :shock:

My reasoning: There's no incentive to buy the new version of the KV-1 otherwise.

Playing Red Star recently, I saw no reason to waste my valuable RPs on any of the KV-1 units, if there's a reliable KV-2 available simultaneously.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”