Resource Point cost of unit repair in-scenario vs. between scenarios

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

rafdobrowolski
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Resource Point cost of unit repair in-scenario vs. between scenarios

Post by rafdobrowolski » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:22 am

Has the question be answered in another thread about whether it is more expensive to repair units in a scenario or is it more expensive to repair a unit at the beginning of a scenario? I know there was some issue about this in PzC, the specifics of which elude me (it may also have had to do with when you would upgrade units, and if they were at full strength or not). So, is the cost the same, or is it better to wait? It does not seem to be any different in my experience, but I thought I would check. Thx!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Resource Point cost of unit repair in-scenario vs. between scenarios

Post by bebro » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:53 am

It's the same cost regardless if you repair during the deployment stage, or during the battle.

There are differences for elite repair depending on unit XP though, so the more experienced a unit is, the more expensive it gets to repair it without XP loss. But repair start-scn or mid-scn plays no role.

Halvralf
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Halvralf » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:51 pm

There is ofc the "old" trick of UPGRADING while playing a scenario or after finishing it . For example: In PK senario 2 Demyansk the German Panzer IV F1 will be possible to upgrade during or after the scenario. Hence I use them as my spear units and don't repair them. When ugrading them you will get almost all of the repaircost included in the upgrade cost. There is a post about it somewhere in all other posts here on the forum...
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

rafdobrowolski

Post by rafdobrowolski » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Halvralf wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:51 pm
There is ofc the "old" trick of UPGRADING while playing a scenario or after finishing it . For example: In PK senario 2 Demyansk the German Panzer IV F1 will be possible to upgrade during or after the scenario. Hence I use them as my spear units and don't repair them. When ugrading them you will get almost all of the repaircost included in the upgrade cost. There is a post about it somewhere in all other posts here on the forum...
Ya I thought about that as well. Do you know where that thread is??

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GabeKnight » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:39 am

rafdobrowolski wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Halvralf wrote:
What do you want to know? Upgrading repairs your units while keeping their experience for the price of "regular" repair - you still have to pay the upgrade cost additionally, of course. The repairs are not free, but you basically get "elite repair" for the costs of regular repair. And for some expensive, high-star tank units that can save you up to a couple of hundred RPs...

rafdobrowolski

Post by rafdobrowolski » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:23 am

GabeKnight wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:39 am
rafdobrowolski wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 pm
Halvralf wrote:
What do you want to know? Upgrading repairs your units while keeping their experience for the price of "regular" repair - you still have to pay the upgrade cost additionally, of course. The repairs are not free, but you basically get "elite repair" for the costs of regular repair. And for some expensive, high-star tank units that can save you up to a couple of hundred RPs...
That is exactly what I wanted to know... Upgrading is a way to avoid elite repairs if it is an option. Thanks for clarifying Gabe!

Return to “Order of Battle Series”