The Motherland calls! Order of Battle: Red Steel is out!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

The Motherland calls! Order of Battle: Red Steel is out!

Post by AlbertoC » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:21 pm

Set between January 1942 and April 1943, Order of Battle: Red Steel covers the battles of the Soviet Union at the most crucial moment of World War II, and it is out now on PC and Mac.

After slowing down Operation Barbarossa, the Red Army has launched a series of counter-offensives during the winter. Losses in terms of men and materials are horrendous on both sides. German high command has a new, ambitious plan to renew its offensive in the coming spring. Can the Red Army stop the Wehrmacht and save the Motherland?

Red Steel is Order of Battle’s second DLC, focusing on the German invasion of Russia. After the initial German success seen in the Red Star DLC, it’s now time for the counterattack.

You can now purchase OT-34 flame tanks, T-70 light and KV-1 m1942 heavy tanks, improved 45mm 1942 AT guns, and the new ZiS-3 field gun which can also be used in an AT role. In the air, you’ll need the improved models of aircraft like Yak-9D and La-5F fighters, or Il-2M or Pe-2FT tactical bombers to keep up with the Luftwaffe.

But the enemy is also fielding brand new equipment: the Germans have new and improved Panzer 38 G, Panzer IV G, and Bf-110 G vehicles. Their Romanian allies now deploy R-2 tanks and IAR-80 fighters, whilst the Hungarians are using a derivative of the Italian Reggiane 2000 fighter under the name MAVAG Heya, plus more equipment from Germany.

Don't forget that you're still in time to take advantage of the Order of Battle sale, lasting until Monday! You can see all the offers here.

terminator
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: The Motherland calls! Order of Battle: Red Steel is out!

Post by terminator » Thu May 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.61 KiB) Viewed 825 times

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Thu May 07, 2020 5:17 pm

:eek: I had no idea myself so far, but great news indeed :D

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:14 pm

I will say it plainly, something that I have said in the past: This game need not be buried by Panzer Corps 2 or any other franchise if the will to maintain, improve, and expand it is there. That is how much potential I have seen in Order of Battle from the beginning.
- Bru

Erik2

Post by Erik2 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:02 am

Nice to see that OOB has healthy sales.

I think OOB needs to get back to improving the game itself soon (after fixing current issues, of course).
the devs need to add more functionality and take another hard look at certain aspects of the game engine.
For instance, Gabe's mod now includes a lot of stuff/changes that in my view could/should be part of the stock game.
These kinds of improvement should go hand-in-hand with new campaigns.

Alexizja
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Alexizja » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:13 pm

I suggest Red Army fans look at these:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=85746&p=858149#p858149

JDLgnd
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by JDLgnd » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for the DLC.

calmhatchery
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by calmhatchery » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:24 am

Erik2 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:02 am
Nice to see that OOB has healthy sales.

I think OOB needs to get back to improving the game itself soon (after fixing current issues, of course).
the devs need to add more functionality and take another hard look at certain aspects of the game engine.
For instance, Gabe's mod now includes a lot of stuff/changes that in my view could/should be part of the stock game.
These kinds of improvement should go hand-in-hand with new campaigns.
I totally agree with ERIK2 !!!! I hope that Devs could use this in the near future

asuser
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by asuser » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:01 am

OOB was and is still a great game and brings a lot of fun with interesting DLC's! The last both Russian DLC are great!

That's why I want to ask, why are there no more achievements at the steam location for instance finishing the "Winter War", "Sandsturm" or the Russian DLC's?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”