Suggestion - Staff Training

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Suggestion - Staff Training

Post by Drewpan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Guys,

As I play this game I find myself constantly micromanaging (which is what the game is about) but for the wrong reasons.

For the guys at the pointy end (MC and Astronauts) when they were not training for a specific mission or ON a mission
then they were pretty much ALWAYS training.

Instead of micromanaging EACH training session - I would like to see a way to set up training more "set and forget" and
then drawing from the pool for a mission when the time comes. I would like the ability to both set a target, eg Propulsion > 85
then drop into available pool, AND a true set and forget - either a specific area or a "General Training" ability that trains ALL
areas but much slower than concentrating on one area. Also a light medium or hard setting on training that could affect morale
as well as training speed.

I find it tedious to set training for the EACH of 89 staff I had for Gemini/Apollo EVERY 2-3 Seasons.

Similarly with SET I would like the ability to "set and forget" to a certain point in a particular area because most new SET staff
are pretty useless until trained to a certain level unless I have to try and Crash build lots of hardware or I am training up my
best SET and so start a Program with newbies until the besties come back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Andrew (Drewpan)

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Suggestion - Staff Training

Post by Nacho84 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello Andrew,

Apologies for the late reply. It's a good suggestion, we'll add it to the backlog and tackle it at some point before release.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Drewpan wrote:Instead of micromanaging EACH training session - I would like to see a way to set up training more "set and forget" and
then drawing from the pool for a mission when the time comes. I would like the ability to both set a target, eg Propulsion > 85
then drop into available pool, AND a true set and forget - either a specific area or a "General Training" ability that trains ALL
areas but much slower than concentrating on one area. Also a light medium or hard setting on training that could affect morale
as well as training speed.

I find it tedious to set training for the EACH of 89 staff I had for Gemini/Apollo EVERY 2-3 Seasons.
Agreed. I think the vast majority of players have mentioned micromanaging MC as the most tedious part of the game. Something like "keep in training until XYZ)" seems like a good solution and I belive it was suggested previously by someone.

lehovsky
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by lehovsky » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:08 am

In addition to that, I would also think of training type - mission simulation.
As you set up a new mission it would not take place next turn but two.
In next turn, you simulate the mission with all MOCR personnel and with/without astronauts. Lets say it will gain them +10 % for saving rolls during next mission. This would also add 50% of the normal mission experience. After 1st season we could evaluate if we want to launch next season or to simulate once again.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”