Bug - Goal set too high

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Bug - Goal set too high

Post by Drewpan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Guys,

If anyone can tell me HOW to meet the Astronaut Leadership > 90 Goal I would be grateful. I think it is too high and 80
would be better.

Because the Astronaut Office takes 2 Seasons to build I cannot recruit Astronauts until Season 3, and then they do
Basic Training for 4 Seasons. Added to this some of the Woeful starting numbers on their skills and you are almost
Guaranteed to Fail.

I cannot see how to get above 90 Leadership when the BEST start score I have had was 70 but the Learning score with
it is rarely above 65, and if I happen to get a good Learning score eg above 80, I rarely get an initial Leadership score
better than 60 and NEVER above 65.

Training them until the Goal Deadline doesn't work because the 2 Season offset from building the Astronaut Office means
that they are still in training when the Goal passes and even then I have NOT made it passed 85 so would have blown it
anyway.

I have also tried crash building the X-15 and trying to "Fly" them to better Leadership figures, but they seem to learn LESS
while on a mission - not more, and since I have to take a risk to fly them in the first place - if they die - thats it!

BTW - I think that ANYONE involved in a Mission SHOULD learn more in that area BECAUSE of the intensive training.

I have managed to blow this Goal in EVERY game so far, and it is beyond me how to do it - what is the secret?

Also what is more worrying is that if you blow a Goal, the funding penalty is so severe you virtually CANNOT recover.
Even with a good start - if you miss ONE Goal you might as well kiss that game goodbye.

I know this is early days yet, but lets iron this one out soon.

Cheers!

Andrew (Drewpan)

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Bug - Goal set too high

Post by Nacho84 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Hello Andrew,

Yes, that goal was established before we redesigned the personnel system, when the skill values were much higher. It's fixed now, you'll get this in the next patch.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”