Suggestion - Missions and Mission Training + Aftermath

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Drewpan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Suggestion - Missions and Mission Training + Aftermath

Post by Drewpan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 am

Hi Guys,

I see I am not the only one complaining about micromanagement of staff. I think my issue is that micromanaging is one thing,
but doing it for the sake of it is becoming painful. How about this idea to help out and make my micromanaging decisions a bit
more meaningful instead of sending X to "Leadership Training" - AGAIN - Yawn".

This particular suggestion has come up partly from BARIS and partly from this game where I find that I just recycle by best astronauts
over and over again until they die and a big group of Astronauts just sit there training until one of them gets better than the prime crew.

I think that mission management would be more of a challenge if I had to plan a bit more forward ahead. Traditionally each mission had
a Prime Crew and a Backup Crew, and each crew started training for a specific mission at least 6 months prior to the mission. Also
after the mission they were usually on Public Relations tours for at least 3 months.

To simulate this in the game, I would like instead of just scheduling a mission for a Season, Scheduling it for 2 Seasons in advance
for at least the Astronaut crews, and also make each Astronaut not available for another mission for a Season after their mission.

This would make my crew selection decisions MUCH more critical as I would effectively LOSE those Astronauts until AFTER their mission.
The Backup Crew would not have the Season PR break and could slot into the next available Mission as is what happened historically.
Also if a Mission Step failed then I would have the option of Delaying or Scrubbing subsequent Missions, and the Backup Crew could do
the Mission Step again after a short Delay (maybe a Season or 2 if a mission Death) and a new Backup Crew.

This also puts more pressure upon me to hire Astronauts and keep them trained up instead of just hiring about 10 in total for the entire game.

Certainly this idea makes Micromanaging my Astronaut Corps a bit more meaningful, but I still would like to see "set and forget" training
implemented until a particular skill gets to a certain level as the continual sending Staff back for the same training year after year is a bit
monotonous.

Hope this has helped. Love the game - has great potential.

Cheers!

Andrew (Drewpan)

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Suggestion - Missions and Mission Training + Aftermath

Post by Nacho84 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:48 am

Hello Andrew,

Yes, I see your point. For the first release, however, we're not planning to implement backup and prime crews, since that would require many deep changes in the code and the UI. But we'll certainly keep it in mind for a future expansion/update/sequel.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”