[Suggestion] Shorter astronaut advanced training session

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

SebbiLebga
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

[Suggestion] Shorter astronaut advanced training session

Post by SebbiLebga » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Based on the recent discussion about the failure calculation and the need to increase the skills of the astronauts in order to reduce the chance of having a catastrophic outcome, it would be amazing, if the duration of an advanced training session could be reduced. Another solution would be to increase the training outcome of a 4-seasons advanced training.
Currently, the training outcome of participating in 4 missions (=4 seasons) seems to outpace a single advanced training session (which could include a simulator training and thus should result in a similar outcome).

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: [Suggestion] Shorter astronaut advanced training session

Post by Nacho84 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:43 am

Hello Sebbi,

Thanks for your input! We'll add this suggestion to the backlog and will try to fit it in a future update.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm not sure about this, but I do think that a 4 season training session can be pretty overwhelming in terms of time consumed, especially if a catastrophic outcome occurs in a manpower emergency.

Personally, I'd rather like to have an option for an "emergency pullout" of personnel from training (at the cost of losing most of the training's efficiency of course).

As a result of catastrophic events I did find myself in situations where pulling men out of training programs would seem the prudent thign to do, and one that RL agencies did do (like after the Soyuz catastrophe).

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm not sure about this, but I do think that a 4 season training session can be pretty overwhelming in terms of time consumed, especially if a catastrophic outcome occurs in a manpower emergency.

Personally, I'd rather like to have an option for an "emergency pullout" of personnel from training (at the cost of losing most of the training's efficiency of course).

As a result of catastrophic events I did find myself in situations where pulling men out of training programs would seem the prudent thign to do, and one that RL agencies did do (like after the Soyuz catastrophe).

KyleS
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KyleS » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 am

I don't see why the 3 employee groups all have different training times. They should all be the same. 1 season is three months, logically this is long enough to get an improvement in someone's ability in something, however this would be too quick for the game as you'd put someone in today and they'd come out in the next turn, it'd get tedious putting people in and out all the time. But coupled with other suggestions about "keep them in until they get 80%" or whatever, it'd be okay. But then you'd need to be able to pull them out early as others have mentioned.

A compromise would be 2 seasons for everyone.

We also don't need to see their skill to 3 decimal places, 87.032% does not tell us any more than 87% would, and in fact tells us less, since instead of glancing quickly down the list of numbers to choose someone appropriate for a mission or training, we have to look more closely. For example, pick the highest numbers of the following,

87.032%
89.123%
86.878%
87.599%
88.113%

vs
87%
89%
86%
88%
88%

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Hello guys,

I have decided to set the lengths for advanced training to 3 seasons for all employee groups. I have also added a button in order to remove them from advanced training earlier (no tuition refunds! :) ), which will obviously yield lower improvements than if they stay in school for the whole 3 seasons. I believe this will lead to some interesting decisions while playing the game. You'll get this feature in 0.7.24, which will be released soon.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”