Multiplayer games only letting me in as spectator

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

dwr5150
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Multiplayer games only letting me in as spectator

Post by dwr5150 »

Hi,

Just purchased second copy today so son and I could play together. But whenever we do a multiplayer, it only lets one of us in as a spectator. Any ideas?

Thanks!
dwr5150

Re: Multiplayer games only letting me in as spectator

Post by dwr5150 »

Another Wrinkle:

So I had to reload my old registered copy today and then bought a second copy today so my son and I could play on two different computers. But when I went to register my second copy with its different unique serial number, it said it was already registered. Same thing happened when I tried to redeem the steam keys. Now I'm totally confused. And could this explain why I can't do the multiplayer properly?? Yikes, purchased the sequel game today too, but don't want to download it until I get these other issues resolved. Can someone please help me address these issues? My son and I are slowly losing our window of time to play this together.

Thanks!
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Post by Xilmi »

That spectator thing is weird. Are all factions already assigned maybe? That's the only reason why the game should make you spectator. But usually when you start a new game no factions should be assigned yet.

I unfortunately only can test and fix stuff in the add-on. You said you have it but haven't installed it. But I would actually ask you to try it with the expansion.

About the serials: I don't really know how this works either. I got the game on steam so I had no issues with that. So following is just theory:

Did you perhaps try to install the new copy on a computer where the old one still was installed?

You could try the following:

Go to the folder:
c:\Users\<YOUR COMPUTER>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora\Config
(Attention the AppData-Folder is usually invisible, you have to type in %appdata% in your explorer to get there).
There should be a file called: Pandora.xml You can edit it with Notepad.
It should contain entries for: ProductKey and ProductKeyEclipseOfNashira. When you remove those the game should ask you to enter them again on the next start.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

There can only be one player per faction, and since there's only 6 factions in the base game the rest are forced to be spectators. If there are AIs in the game, try to remove them before.

If that doesn't help, please attach a screenshot so we can see what the state is in more detail.

Registering the keys on the Slitherine site should not affect multiplayer, but you should contact Slitherine support at support@slitherine.co.uk to sort it out.

Additionally, I would suggest you play with Eclipse of Nashira if you both have it, since it greatly improves the experience.

Cheers,
Rok
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

Return to “Pandora : Tech Support”