how I fixed my runtime error (windows 7)

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

eidolad
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

how I fixed my runtime error (windows 7)

Post by eidolad » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:50 am

Caution: the following self-help involves manual deletion of file folders on a Windows 7 system. Don't blindly do these steps unless you know what you are doing in the Windows file system.
_____

After some hardware changes on my PC as well as applying several Pandora game patches, I was then getting the same "runtime error" reported by other forum users. I saw several of the threads had reported the issue but didn't tell us how the scenario was resolved, if it was resolved, etc. So here is my little story:

Program:
...x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pandora\Binaries\Pandora.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

...After trying all sorts of changes/resets/tests/log analysis/forum diving, the resolution turned out to be very straightforward: nuke my Pandora app and config via:

a) "delete local content" in Steam for this application. However I saw that this is not clean out the configs/directories entirely, so I performed the following extra steps just to be sure. I cannot confirm whether steps B and C below were even necessary...but I wanted to "dust off and nuke the site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure".

b) (optional step) Rename the existing Pandora game config directory (on my Windows 7 PC):
from: C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora
to: C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora.orig

c) (optional step) Delete the Pandora game subfolder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pandora (just the Pandora folder and nothing else)

d) install Pandora Esclipe of Nashira and see if the problem recurs.

Now the game launches perfectly.

Return to “Pandora : Tech Support”