victory achievement not triggered, did NOT use Advanced sett

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

bobzurad
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

victory achievement not triggered, did NOT use Advanced sett

Post by bobzurad »

Hello. I have completed two games of Pandora: First Contact. One science victory, and one economic victory. Neither game was started using the Advanced settings. I would like an explanation as to why the appropriate victory achievements were not triggered.

For the science victory, the following Normal settings were used when starting the game:

World Size: Medium
World Shape: Continents
Alien Aggression: Low
Pace: Standard
Players: 6
Turn: 335
Version: 1.4.5 (r5818)

For the economic victory, the following Normal settings were used when starting the game:

World Size: Tiny
World Shape: Pangea
Alien Aggression: Medium
Pace: Quick
Players: 2
Turn: 38
Version: 1.4.5 (r5818)

I would have expected that the following achievements been unlocked:
Money Talks
All the Nobles
Little Big Victory
Standard Boring Triumph
For Great Science
The Promised Land

I understand that victory achievements are disabled if the Advanced settings are used when starting the game. However, neither of these two games used the Advanced settings. I would like to know if there's anything in my logs/config/savegame that shows why the achievements were not unlocked.

Thank you!

Edit: I just tried posting a link to my savegames, but the forum says that my post looks too spammy and won't let me include a link to the savegames. How can I get the savegames to you?

-Bob Zurad
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: victory achievement not triggered, did NOT use Advanced

Post by zakblood »

the developers would need the save, the logs, the version number your on etc, i have no idea without, but that's would be my bet, you would need to send to support or post to the developers

please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk

or please read this first,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 68&t=46757

and check if something else needs doing or altering or checking etc, thanks
Application Known to Interfere with Pandora
Avast Antivirus
ASUS AI Suite II (TurboV EVO -- turbovhelp.exe)
Comodo Internet Security
Norton Antivirus (Report False Positive)
Panda Antivirus
Sophos Antivirus
bobzurad

Post by bobzurad »

Thank you for the quick reply. I have just contacted support at Slitherine. I will report back what they say.

Thank you.

-Bob Zurad
bobzurad

Post by bobzurad »

I contacted support and they asked me to verify the game cache in Steam. After verifying the game cache, Steam said that the files were validated successfully and no files were downloaded. I then loaded the Science victory game and the achievements did *not* unlock. However, I then loaded a savegame 1 turn before victory is achieved in that game. After pressing "end turn", and at the start of the next turn, the following achievements unlocked:

All The Nobles
Standard Boring Truimph
For Great Science!

I then loaded the Economic victory game and the achievements did *not* unlock. I unfortunately do not have a savegame that takes place on a turn before victory should have been achieved.

Support was unable to answer my follow up questions, and asked that I post them here. They are:

Are there any rules in place that prevents victory achievements from being unlocked on tiny maps? Or with a Quick Pace? Or with games that end after so few turns? Victory was achieved in only 38 turns in the Economic victory game.

Return to “Pandora : Tech Support”