Changing feature building bonuses

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

mjv96
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Changing feature building bonuses

Post by mjv96 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm trying to modify the bonuses that you get when you build a farm, mine, etc on a given feature. I created the necessary folder ...\pandora\data\world\features and placed the mine.xml, farm.xml etc files into that folder. It doesn't appear to have worked at least not so far as I can see in game. Am I missing something? The game isn't generating any errors.

YaroslavUSSR
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Changing feature building bonuses

Post by YaroslavUSSR » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 pm

mjv96 wrote:I'm trying to modify the bonuses that you get when you build a farm, mine, etc on a given feature. I created the necessary folder ...\pandora\data\world\features and placed the mine.xml, farm.xml etc files into that folder. It doesn't appear to have worked at least not so far as I can see in game. Am I missing something? The game isn't generating any errors.
You should also edit descriptions in the "core\languages\your language\" folder.
1. Feature.xml - descriptions of the buildings.
2. Orders.xml - edit orders for former units so that hints can be displayed correctly.

stiefelss
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Changing feature building bonuses

Post by stiefelss » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:58 am

I'm currently making techs that increase the yield of farms and mines by 1 when you build the achievement. It actually gives you incentive to build mines when you play as the ecology faction.

Edit: I've done it! Although I'm still getting terribly out of minerals in the late game, mostly because I like archipelago maps (that means you get flooded with food but have hardly anything to mine. The devs seriously need to think about giving us water-based formers. I can tell from the unused lines in the xml's that they've toyed with the idea.)

Return to “Pandora : Modders Corner”