Modding questions

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Jacunn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Modding questions

Post by Jacunn »

Greetings, this would be my first post! :D

After playing Pandora I was interested in adding things, I can make the files successfully, no trouble with that.
I basically want to add a new naturally occurring building called "Grand Observatory."

I have all the XML files down pat, but for some reason they won't load into the world.

So my question would be, how would I add a new structure into the world generation, and how can I make them sparse or common?
Editing WorldGenerator.xml doesn't work and isn't ideal either .-.

Thanks for reading, I hope someone can help! :D
stiefelss
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Modding questions

Post by stiefelss »

This subforum is slower than a retard at an advanced philosophy lecture, so you probably won't get an answer.
YaroslavUSSR
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by YaroslavUSSR »

The developers could answer but they keep silence. I am affraid that some features of world generator are hard coded.
stiefelss
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by stiefelss »

YaroslavUSSR wrote:The developers could answer but they keep silence. I am affraid that some features of world generator are hard coded.
They're probably busy implementing useless shit noone wants like the Messari invasion instead of fixing the real issues that this game has or giving us modding tools to do it ourselves.
YaroslavUSSR

Post by YaroslavUSSR »

stiefelss wrote:
YaroslavUSSR wrote: They're probably busy implementing useless shit noone wants like the Messari invasion instead of fixing the real issues that this game has or giving us modding tools to do it ourselves.
I like the Messari invasion but they had better make a playable Messari faction than the scripted invasion between 190 and 210 turns. Also the realisation of aircraft is horrible! Every bug and even see monsters (!!!) can attack planes that have velocity of up to and beyond 10 km/s (I understand that Pandora has higher gravity than Earth but even on the Earth first space velocity is 7,9 km/s). The current state of aircraft reminds me hover ships from SMAC.
Jacunn

Post by Jacunn »

I've noticed a lot of these so called "Modifiable games" like Pandora: FC, Distant Worlds: Universe, etc. Aren't really modifiable at all, you're just changing configuration files around, at most it's "Light" modding... :/
I think these games would have much more lively communities if they actually had proper "Moddability."
It's a shame, really.

Return to “Pandora : Modders Corner”