Beating the Men in Black in the Roman Campaign

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Oldgrenadier
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Beating the Men in Black in the Roman Campaign

Post by Oldgrenadier »

A basic tactical question. How do I beat the Men in Black scenario in the Roman campaign? I've tried balanced armies and imbalanced armies and they always outlast my army.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Beating the Men in Black in the Roman Campaign

Post by IainMcNeil »

I think they are shieldless from memory so shooting them is always a good option.
Oldgrenadier

Post by Oldgrenadier »

Hmm. I'll give that a try. Thanks! :)
pgeerkens
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pgeerkens »

A Level 11 or 12 Scouts will do thin the Men-in-Black themselves substantially. Then a Spearmen with Disciplined Formations should be able to finish everything off.
pgeerkens

Post by pgeerkens »

I have gotten even better at this scenario. I start the campaign with only a Scout unit, and purchase a Spearmen at earliest opportunity and train it through Level 6 (obtaining Disciplined Formations). With this core, supplemented by a pair of Skirmishers and 2 or 3 peasant pincushions, a Scouts fully trained as Anti-Infantry should almost be able to rout the Men in Black themselves by itself; certainly getting them to Yellow morale. Keep targeting them on one of the advancing enemy Spearmen to re-roll for Trample, and utilize the Legate's targeting ability to thin the enemy forces out and increase Trample odds.

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”