pre-sale & release

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Vadim84
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

pre-sale & release

Post by Vadim84 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:31 am

Hello,

I am very excited about that game-and the forthcoming Italian Wars expension, I have been waiting for ages for a descent game about that kind of warfare/these 2 conflicts (if I can say so). Therefore you can be sure I will get the game as soon as possible, and if everything is in order, the italian expension.

Any precise idea about the date of release ? I red october but more like the 10 or the 20 ? :-)
Also if you do presale I will subscribe ASAP.

Thank you !

V.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: pre-sale & release

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:55 am

The release date will be some time around the dates you mention. We don't have a pre-order system so check back in 2 weeks!

Vadim84
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Vadim84 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 am

Alright ! I will be back in two weeks then, I am looking forward the PBEM

Pixel
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Pixel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Just picked up Battle Academy the other day and have to say that Pike and Shot is looking really cool too. I particularly, enjoyed the live-stream. Looks like you will really have to watch over your cavalry to maximize their potential especially as they have to adjust facing to maneuver in the opposite direction. Those big blocky Tercios deployed in bastioned squares look mighty hard to break as well. Wonderful to see the Swedes using batteries of artillery out in front of their shallower formations to deal some damage to the Catholic League.

Now we just need to hope for Pavia and Marston Moor in the future! :D

Also just wondering as a opposing force for the Ottomans might the the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth be making an appearance at some point if we're lucky?
Image Image

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:51 am

Pixel wrote:Now we just need to hope for Pavia and Marston Moor in the future!

Also just wondering as a opposing force for the Ottomans might the the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth be making an appearance at some point if we're lucky?
Pavia and Marston Moor are both in the initial PC release.

Ottomans and Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth are too (for Random Map games).

Pixel

Post by Pixel » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks for the thoughtful response. Even more excited for Pike and Shot now.
Image Image

NickDirlewanger
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NickDirlewanger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Hurrah! Pike and Shot released! :D
Time to find my Visa card.

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by FroBodine » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Please let us know how it is! I have to wait eight hours until I get off work before I can get home and buy the game. So, I will be interested in reading first impressions all day.

NickDirlewanger
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NickDirlewanger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:11 pm

FroBodine wrote:Please let us know how it is! I have to wait eight hours until I get off work before I can get home and buy the game. So, I will be interested in reading first impressions all day.
Okay! I'll try to write here in 2-3 hours how is the game - also need to come back from office.

Pixel

Post by Pixel » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Here are some links of historical interest on the ECW, 17th century tactics (including animated explanations of maneuvers within formations), and the First Battle of Breitenfeld that should make for some fun reading for everyone while they wait. :D

http://bcw-project.org

http://syler.com - 17th Century Drill Illustrated and Animated

http://www.syler.com/Breitenfeld/ - about Breitenfeld (1631) intro video doesn't work on mobile devices though.

Enjoy!
Image Image

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Guys
Just got my hands and this and booked a days annual leave tomorrow to get into it. Going to try and post some info on scenario design resources tomorrow as well. Had a quick look at the game and well up to the expectations generated during beta testing.

Thanks very much Richard and co

All the best
Ian

NickDirlewanger
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NickDirlewanger » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Failed to answer earlier but the game is really good. Combat looks like more or less accurate, at least more accurate then in many ancient/medieval wargames.
Editor also looks rather powerful especially if all current battles are made in it.

Adebar

Post by Adebar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Looks like I've found a game to spend the whole coming winter with (and even longer). Everything in it is so ... terribly beautyful! Quite happy about all the content.

Thanks to the whole team for all the hard work. Guys, this game has the potential to become a classic!

(We have to speak about the German translation though. There are several curiosities. "Zwangspanik" made my day. Sounds very much like a psychiatric term ... :mrgreen: )

IC XC
NI KA

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Adebar wrote:(We have to speak about the German translation though. There are several curiosities. "Zwangspanik" made my day. Sounds very much like a psychiatric term ... :mrgreen: )
IDS_UNIT_AUTOBREAK,"Gerät in Zwangspanik"

The English version is:

IDS_UNIT_AUTOBREAK, "Autobreaks".

The French version is IDS_UNIT_AUTOBREAK, "Démoralisation automatique", which certainly conveys the intended meaning.

Sadly I don't speak German, so cannot check the translation for "curiosities".

Can you suggest a better German translation please?
Richard Bodley Scott

Adebar

Post by Adebar » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:22 am

"Démoralisation automatique" would be "Automatische Demoralisierung" in German, sounds a bit better IMHO.

"Curiosities": A bit annoying are the wrong adjectives like "Katholisch Runde" ot "Transsilvanisch Runde". Correct is "Katholische Runde" and "Transsilvanische Runde" etc. Much better would be "Katholischer Zug"; "Zug" means "turn" in game context, "Runde" rather evokes the picture of some friends having a good time in a pub ... :lol:

I'll see if I find more oddities.

IC XC
NI KA

Return to “Pike & Shot”