Issues with the Zoom

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

grumblefish
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Issues with the Zoom

Post by grumblefish » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:48 am

I'm having a lot of fun with Pike and Shot, but the thing that bothers me most is the zoom function. I simply cannot get close enough to the action. I don't mind if the graphics break down or look blocky, I simply cannot stand to have the camera so high in the air. The top down view seems to zoom a little closer, but it's not much better, and I don't like viewing the battle top-down.

Congratulations on producing another great title, and please let me know if there's any fix for this zoom issue.

grumblefish

Re: Issues with the Zoom

Post by grumblefish » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 am

Went looking to see if there were any new scenarios, and wound up finding my answer!

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=319&t=53256

I think 100 is a little too much on the zoomin level, and I didn't up the zoomout level, but otherwise this fixes everything.

I'd close/delete the thread if I could, but I think other users might like to know about this feature.

Adebar
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Issues with the Zoom

Post by Adebar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:56 am

Hello grumblefish,

As I said further below in that thread, the settings I now prefer are:
ZOOMLIMIT 550
ZOOMINLIMIT 200
Zoom In is better this way IMO, not too close, not too far away; the increased Zoom Out alows a better overview of the map. The stats in MAPVIEW.TXT can easily be edited, with a bit experimenting you'll find the settings that fit best to your needs.

IC XC
NI KA

Return to “Pike & Shot”