% of Enemy Routed???

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

% of Enemy Routed???

Post by Blathergut » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:37 pm

What exactly is counted towards % of enemy routed? I know it is 'units routed' and does not take into account the amount of casualties taken by any particular unit.

But is it simply % of the number of battlegroups?

If an army has 4 veteran early tercios and 1 horse unit, will it always be at 20% routed if the cavalry goes and the tercios remain to be beaten on?

In other words, if I design an army so that 60% are early tercios, it becomes an extremely difficult army to beat?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: % of Enemy Routed???

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:56 pm

It is not simply % of the number of battle groups.

Units are weighted according to UnitSize (with cavalry counting about 1.5 times their UnitSize).

UnitSize is a parameter in the Squads file - it is related to the number of men, but the relationship is not completely linear.

For example, a routed early tercio (UnitSize 16) counts for much more than a unit of horse (UnitSize 4 * 1.5 = 6).

So having 1 early tercio routed is as bad as having 2.67 normal-sized units of horse (or 8 units of commanded shot) routed.
Richard Bodley Scott

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:05 am

1) What's the down side if I make size equal to men in squads.csv?

2) Does the count include reinforcements before they arrive? Or does the % update when they arrive? I want to make lopsided scenario where defenders have a large force coming to save them so attacker must defeat them before help arrives. When help comes, the % is modified.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:03 am

jomni wrote:1) What's the down side if I make size equal to men in squads.csv?
Well mainly that horsemen generally individually have more fighting value than infantrymen, and the fighting strength is calculated from the UnitSize * CurrentTotalMen / OriginalTotalMen. However, this may not matter if your "cavalry" units are mostly infantry anyway.

To put it another way, however, why do you need to make TotalMen = UnitSize? The UnitSize is never reported to the player.
2) Does the count include reinforcements before they arrive? Or does the % update when they arrive? I want to make lopsided scenario where defenders have a large force coming to save them so attacker must defeat them before help arrives. When help comes, the % is modified.
In editor created battles, the % updates when the reinforcements arrive. In skirmishes the reinforcements are included from the start.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Pike & Shot”