Behemoth - Campaign Thread

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Behemoth - Campaign Thread

Post by awesum4 »

Keyth, and lords Graymouser and Blatherguts,

I'm just wondering how much longer till the recruitment phase is done, so we can start pondering, scheming, and generally acting like we know whats going on, and that we are somehow in control of forces far beyond our meager comprehension,

Andre Devereux, 4th Earl of Cornish Pasties, 3rd Duke of Devonshire teas with extra clotted cream
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

awesum4 wrote:Keyth, and lords Graymouser and Blatherguts,

I'm just wondering how much longer till the recruitment phase is done, so we can start pondering, scheming, and generally acting like we know whats going on, and that we are somehow in control of forces far beyond our meager comprehension,

Andre Devereux, 4th Earl of Cornish Pasties, 3rd Duke of Devonshire teas with extra clotted cream
If CiCs can give me their lavish Manpower spending plans, I will enact them, update the paperwork and publish the map. For ease of administration, counters on the map will show an army's Nominal (i.e. maximum) size.
Keyth

ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

I think I will have to step down and pass on the campaign; will be a bit busy over the next while. Hopefully one of the existing lords can take over as CinC and you can find a body to replace me in the campaign. Apologies.
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

Blathergut wrote:I think I will have to step down and pass on the campaign; will be a bit busy over the next while. Hopefully one of the existing lords can take over as CinC and you can find a body to replace me in the campaign. Apologies.
No problem. Thanks for giving it a go!
Keyth

keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

I'm just waiting to hear from a BG replacement. In the interim, can the disloyal foe elect a new CiC so that orders may be considered? Thanks.
Keyth

Waldorf
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Waldorf »

I think we have a replacement in Cavehobbit.
cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by cavehobbit »

Waldorf wrote:I think we have a replacement in Cavehobbit.
If I'm accepted... :wink:
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

cavehobbit wrote:
Waldorf wrote:I think we have a replacement in Cavehobbit.
If I'm accepted... :wink:
We're doomed
Richard Bodley Scott

awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

RBS said "We're doomed"

How dare you Sir,

as long as we have scented hankies to wave with gay abandon, flowing tresses that blow prettily as we charge the enemy, and poodles to throw at the enemy, we shall never surrender.
We shall fight them in the enclosures, we shall fight them in the open spaces, we shall fight them on the hills be they 50ft or 100ft above us, we shall fight them in built up areas. We shall fight them in brothels and bars (but especially brothels) and men now asleep in our colonies spread around the world shall hold their man-hoods cheap.........anyway you know what I mean.

Andre Devereux.

$th Earl of Cornish Pasties, 3rd Duke of Devonshire teas with extra clotted cream
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

awesum4 wrote:RBS said "We're doomed"

How dare you Sir,

as long as we have scented hankies to wave with gay abandon, flowing tresses that blow prettily as we charge the enemy, and poodles to throw at the enemy, we shall never surrender.
We shall fight them in the enclosures, we shall fight them in the open spaces, we shall fight them on the hills be they 50ft or 100ft above us, we shall fight them in built up areas. We shall fight them in brothels and bars (but especially brothels) and men now asleep in our colonies spread around the world shall hold their man-hoods cheap.........anyway you know what I mean.

Andre Devereux.

$th Earl of Cornish Pasties, 3rd Duke of Devonshire teas with extra clotted cream
And spaniels, Sir. Do not forget our superiority in spaniels.
Keyth

deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

Hear hear well said, whatever it was you were saying, but saying it so very well. And poodles and spaniels too, Huzzah!!!

Now to scent my hankie and return to that brothel..... the harlots are tougher to take down than one would think....
Philippeatbay
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Philippeatbay »

Never underestimate his majesty's superiority in spaniels.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Gentlemen, and Parliamentarians,

Now that Cavehobbit has been elected as Commander of the misguided rebels by the passing of water (by only a few) fluttering of scented hankies and tossing of canines by his enemies, and a dour Methodist silence from his own side. Can we please proceed to the recruitment, retraining, reinforcement and refitting of our gallant gentlemen and stout-hearted lads on our side, and wretches, vagabonds, wastrels and drunken tapsters on their side, so we can once again proceed to marching and fighting throughout this pleasant green land of ours,

Andre Devereux,

4th Earl of Cornish Pastries, 3rd Duke of Devonshire teas with extra clotted cream
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

We have a replacement for BG in the Parliamentary camp. Kerry D should be making an appearance shortly!

@RBS: could you please work your magic and ask the Slitherine elves to add him to the Parliamentary Behemoth forum (and remove BG from both ECW fora)?
Keyth

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

keyth wrote:We have a replacement for BG in the Parliamentary camp. Kerry D should be making an appearance shortly!

@RBS: could you please work your magic and ask the Slitherine elves to add him to the Parliamentary Behemoth forum (and remove BG from both ECW fora)?
OK, how is the username Kerry D actually spelled? (since spaces are not, I think, allowed in user names). The elves cannot cope with mis-spelled usernames.
Richard Bodley Scott

keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

rbodleyscott wrote:
keyth wrote:We have a replacement for BG in the Parliamentary camp. Kerry D should be making an appearance shortly!

OK, how is the username Kerry D actually spelled? (since spaces are not, I think, allowed in user names). The elves cannot cope with mis-spelled usernames.
'Tis strange, sirrah. In the PM he sent me it appears as if there is a space rather than an underscore. We shall have to wait with bated breath until he makes an appearance - I believe Andre (awesum4) will be initiating him forthwith.
Keyth

awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

It is exceedingly strange as you say but the name is definitely Kerry D with a space between the y and the D. I have searched for it in the messages and it appears that way, and that's what our games say it is. But I will be talking to him again soon and will get him to message you Keyth,

Andre
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

Gentlemen,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the lack of activity over the last week or so - it's all been a bit madly busy but is calming down now. I have received the R&R details from TGM and cavehobbit and will publish these today. CiCs can then finalise their schemes for movement and we can get moving again.

We also have a spare seat in The Great Rebellion campaign if anyone not already involved would like to join in - let me know if so.

@ Andre: can you contact Kerry D to get him up to speed before the action restarts? Thanks.
Keyth

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Hopefully the elves will now get Kerry D on to the Behemoth - Parliament forum.
Richard Bodley Scott

awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Lord Keyth,

I have indeed explained the situation to Kerry D, arch rebel and Wesleyian minister, although that could be a cover for his real identity as a Irish Papist Scumdog. He is the puritan commander in Bristol and as such is to spend his entire time thumping bibles tubs whores sailors and pimps and is to leave the good folk of Devon and Cornwall entirely alone and unmolested. Whether he will do so remains to be seen, as he is a tenacious, firebreathing, do-gooder, and middle-class meddler and it is extremely likely that the stout lads of our Ist army under myself will have to travel north to put them back in the rightful place.

I remain your most humble servant,

Andre Devereux,

4th Earl of Cornish Pasties, 3rd Duke of Devonshire Teas, with extra Clotted Cream

Return to “Pike & Shot”