RELEASED! Yari & Teppo (MAJOR Pike & Shot Japanese mod)

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

RELEASED! Yari & Teppo (MAJOR Pike & Shot Japanese mod)

Post by rbodleyscott »

Yari & Teppō
the Pike & Shot Japanese Mod

by jomni

Current Version: 0.3 "Hachiman"

Commonly called the “God of War”, Hachiman is a Shinto kami and Buddhist deity worshipped by the Samurai. He is seen as the divine protector of Japan.

Features:
• New 3D models for units, buildings, and defenses;
• Modified random map generation script that represent terrain in East Asia;
• Custom rice paddy tile courtesy of Sarbatha;
• Modified combat scripts to enable new rules;
• Two generic fictional red and blue clans;
• Unit textures for prominent clans in central Japan with historical clan mon (crests) and semi-historical banner design;
• Hand-drawn unit portraits in the style of ukiyo-e woodblock prints;
• Custom squads file and army lists, based on Field of Glory Renaissance: Colonies and Conquest, to depict the various units during the Sengoku Jidai;
• Factions that consider the relationship between the different clans during the century.

Mod only supports Skirmish, Editor, and Multiplayer. No Historical Scenarios are available in this build.

The mod can be downloaded in-game and will be installed automatically.

The manual can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vc00002qu6wt ... NPF6a?dl=0
Please read the manual.

Works on the iPad with the following warnings: (1) it may lag a bit, (2) takes up quite a lot of space, (3) some graphical anomalies.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: RELEASED! Yari & Teppo (MAJOR Pike & Shot Japanese mod)

Post by rbodleyscott »

Richard Bodley Scott

TimW
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TimW »

Just tried an iPad (Air) skirmish game against the AI. So far the mod seems to work pretty well.
keyth
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by keyth »

TimW wrote:Just tried an iPad (Air) skirmish game against the AI. So far the mod seems to work pretty well.
I'm playing skirmish and MP on my iPad and everything looks and performs fine (well, except me as RBS can attest to!).

It is really, really good - thanks again Jomni!
Keyth

ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Hoplite39
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Hoplite39 »

How can this be downloaded on iPad?

I see no option in the app or the App Store.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

I dont have the iPad version but you go to Historical. Then there's a globe icon to download scenarios from the net. The mod is listed there. This should also be the recommended method to dowload for PC version
Hoplite39

Post by Hoplite39 »

I just played a skirmish battle and it ran very well.

I got well beaten, but that's another thing.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Updated:

by jomni

Japanese Wars
Sengoku Jidai (Skirmish only) v0.4

(SP & MP)

When you have finished any outstanding MP games, you are advised to delete v0.3 and download v0.4.

You can delete SP v0.3 in game in the Historical Menu.

Because it has no scenarios, there is no in-game way to delete the MP version. You will find it in

My Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT/Multiplayer.

This means that deleting it from the iPad may not be possible except by deinstalling and reinstalling the game. If you do not want to do this, you can keep both versions on your machine - you can tell which is which because v0.3 is called "Sengoku Jidai" and v0.4 is called "Sengoku Jidai Skirmish".

The new version has the following changes:

1) Bows can shoot overhead.
2) Honjins will disperse rather than routing.
Richard Bodley Scott

mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

I must be really dense but I cannot seem to load any of the Sengoku Jidai games or campaigns. I have dowloaded successfully all other user created content but can't get this one to work. It shows up in Historical, I download it, but it doesn't do anything. Help please!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mdavis41 wrote:I must be really dense but I cannot seem to load any of the Sengoku Jidai games or campaigns. I have dowloaded successfully all other user created content but can't get this one to work. It shows up in Historical, I download it, but it doesn't do anything. Help please!
It does not have any pre-built scenarios, it is Skirmish only. You will find it if you go to skirmishes and change campaign to Sengoku Jidai.
Richard Bodley Scott

mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

Richard, thank you. I see now how to do this. I appreciate the quick reply. The modding looks great.
smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by smjohnso77 »

Could you please download a group of historical Samurai battles for Pike & Shot since those of us (there are hundreds or thousands) that have Apple products can play the battles from the new Samurai game you only released only to PC. Get a group of battles together and sell them like you did tercios. You will make some more money By doing that definitely. That way the Apple fans are not left out who wish they could play your Samurai game but cannot and you do not have to release a whole new game for iPad like you said you did not want to do. Please make those available on Pike & Shot! Also, please continue to offer battles from the War of Spanish Succesion, and maybe the Austrian Succesion, French and Indian War and Seven Years War like you did with Plassy and Blenheim. I am a great fan. Love Pike & Shot. Please get us those Samurai battles from the PC game on Pike & Shot and make some money for the add on....win, win.... Thank you. Sincerely, Steven Johnson
salex
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by salex »

Question, this mod says it's 28.00mb but it takes up to 400 mb on my Ipad is that normal ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

salex wrote:Question, this mod says it's 28.00mb but it takes up to 400 mb on my Ipad is that normal ?
Who knows? It really is only 28 Mb, so I don't know why it would take up so much space on your iPad. But then I have almost no idea at all about the internal working of iPads.
Richard Bodley Scott

salex

Post by salex »

rbodleyscott wrote:
salex wrote:Question, this mod says it's 28.00mb but it takes up to 400 mb on my Ipad is that normal ?
Who knows? It really is only 28 Mb, so I don't know why it would take up so much space on your iPad. But then I have almost no idea at all about the internal working of iPads.
Ok, Thank you, very strange.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It is a while ago, but 28Mb is the compressed size. On iOS we need to unpack and convert any DDS textures so they are usable, and so this could explain the data size.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
salex

Post by salex »

rbodleyscott wrote:
Ok so I downloaded different scenarios by various different people, the problem is with the designer his mods for some reason are making the ipad memory think it's a bigger file, all the other scenarios I downloaded we the size it says it is.

I think it might be because it's a skirmish file maybe, can he possibly look at it to shave the size down ? 400mb is huge.

Ps. The mod is outstanding thank you.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Hi. Just saw this. The mod is indeed a big download.

Return to “Pike & Shot”