Extra Nations Campaign Mod

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Paul59
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Extra Nations Campaign Mod

Post by Paul59 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:21 pm

My new mod, Extra Nations Campaign, is now available to download in game.

It is a new campaign using the generic map from the vanilla Pike and Shot Campaign. It adds 23 new nations and dozens of new army lists to the game.
Here is the campaign intro;

“This campaign allows you to fight with armies that were not included in the original Pike and Shot game; the Irish, Anglo-Irish, Portuguese, Moroccans, Algerians, Dulkadir Emirate, Lithuanians, Moldavians, early Safavid Persians, White Sheep Turcomans, Uzbeks, the Khanate of Kazan, Crimean Tatars, Charles the Bold's Burgundians, the Monmouth Rebellion, Teutonic Knights, many Peasant armies, Georgians and the Mamluks. Together with some armies from the original game, that are included as they were traditional opponents of the added nations, such as the English, British, Spanish, Polish, Imperial, Hungarian, Swiss, Swabian League, Danish, Russians and Ottoman. Some of these have been changed or enhanced from the original game, with new units added and graphics updated.”

The North African armies have some Camel units, unfortunately I have had to represent them graphically with normal horse cavalry. The Camelry unit type seems to work, including them disordering horses!

The armies also work in single player skirmish mode.

Some of the flag graphics (Mamluks, Portuguese, Moroccans, Pre Charles V Spanish, and the German Peasant army) were taken from Hoplite1963’s Battle Flag mod, and he has given me permission to use them. Many thanks to him for his excellent mod.

I have included a folder with some design notes that players may find useful.
Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

TT Mod Creator

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Re: Extra Nations Campaign Mod

Post by jomni » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:03 am

Good work.

Miletus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Miletus » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:41 am

Yes, excellent work. Thanks! Particularly pleased to have the Irish lists - I know what I'll be doing this weekend :D
Cheers,
Miletus.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls -
just answer the door already!"

stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Many thanks for the hard work you have put in. Wondering what other projects you have in mind ? Where do you find out about the Army lists. Are we coming to the end ? Certainly lots of choice. Thanks again for sharing your work.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:51 pm

This is fantastic! Thanks for putting it together!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:02 pm

stefankollers wrote:Many thanks for the hard work you have put in. Wondering what other projects you have in mind ? Where do you find out about the Army lists. Are we coming to the end ? Certainly lots of choice. Thanks again for sharing your work.
There are lots more army lists in the FOGR books.

For example, someone might like to do the Conquistadors, Aztecs, Incas and other Native American armies. These are in the "Cities of Gold" FOGR supplement.

Like Paul's camelry, the rules are already in place for the troop types and capabilities for these armies in the code. (Though a code tweak would be required to make the Tupi work as intended).
Richard Bodley Scott

cromlechi
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by cromlechi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Excellent work, this and the other mods are superb. Don't know where to start! :D

stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:01 am

Like you say lots of lists.........Have you ever thought about bringing out a DLC using all the lists not currently in game ? Not being able to mod I would certainly go for it .

w_michael
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by w_michael » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Thanks for your hard work. This will bring many hours of enjoyment. With the addition of the early Swiss and Burgundian army lists you can now start with the Burgundian Wars on the Wiki List of Wars. I was also happy to see a Swabian League army list, but unfortunately there is no complimentary Swiss army list from the same period (it is in the Age of Machiavelli campaign database) in order to fight battles from the Swabian War.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns & Field of Glory II enthusiast

Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Paul
Well done with this mod nice to see some of my graphics images make it on to the virtual battlefield. Its to be hoped that scenario designers take advantage of it to extend the coverage of the game to cover battles using the new armies you have introduced.

Kind regards
Ian

Galaahd
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Galaahd » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:28 pm

I'd like to see some italian army lists. Venice and Savoy for instance.

stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Do you think we are reaching a situation with these Army lists where two lists that you want are in two different folders/catergories. See Williams post above.Would a solution be put all the lists together, or would this be to much data for the engine to handle?
Certainly we are spoilt for choice at the moment and the graphics superb, I could make out the shields on a Georgian oob........All brilliant and adds even more play time. Yet some still moan about the price of the game.
The team will have to work really hard to follow this, whatever it is will not lack detail if this game is anything to go by.

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:28 pm

Sorry guys, I'm away from home for a few days, but I will reply in full to these interesting comments when I get home.

Regards

TT Mod Creator

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:22 pm

stefankollers wrote:Many thanks for the hard work you have put in. Wondering what other projects you have in mind ? Where do you find out about the Army lists. Are we coming to the end ? Certainly lots of choice. Thanks again for sharing your work.
Pike and Shot is the PC version of the Field of Glory tabletop wargame. A number of army list books for Field of Glory have been published, and can be adapted to produce army lists for Pike and Shot. I used the "Clash of Empires" book for most of the new armies in my mod, although I also produced a lot of armies from "Trade and Treachery" and some from "Duty and Glory".

As Richard wrote, there are still a lot of armies that can be done, mainly from the American and Asian continents. I don't have any plans to do any of these myself, although if we ever get the war elephant model I would love to do the Mughal and other Indian armies!

TT Mod Creator

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:48 pm

w_michael wrote:Thanks for your hard work. This will bring many hours of enjoyment. With the addition of the early Swiss and Burgundian army lists you can now start with the Burgundian Wars on the Wiki List of Wars. I was also happy to see a Swabian League army list, but unfortunately there is no complimentary Swiss army list from the same period (it is in the Age of Machiavelli campaign database) in order to fight battles from the Swabian War.
I only included the Swabian League army list to provide historical opponents for the new German Peasant army list (The German Peasants War 1524-1525). I did not consider the Swabian League to be a "new" army, it is really only the existing German States army 1494-1542. If you want to recreat a Swabian War campaign, you can do that with the existing German States and Swiss armies in the standard Pike and Shot Campaign.

I originally was just going to copy the German States army 1494-1542 to the mod, but then I thought that I might as well rename it to The Swabian League to be more historically accurate. Later I gave them Hoplite1963's new uniticon flags for the German Peasant War and a new leader portrait (Georg III, Truchsess von Waldburg, who was a prominent commander against the Peasants). I am not sure if the flag is appropriate for the earlier Swabian War of 1499, Georg is certainly not the appropriate leader, he was only a boy at the time!

Later still, I realised that the Field of Glory German States army list included a couple of extra unit types that were not in the Pike and Shot list, so I added them. But they are quite minor additions and really my Swabian army list is still pretty much the same as the existing German States list.

TT Mod Creator

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Galaahd wrote:I'd like to see some italian army lists. Venice and Savoy for instance.
If I do an updated version I will include them.

TT Mod Creator

w_michael

Post by w_michael » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Paul59 wrote:
w_michael wrote:Thanks for your hard work. This will bring many hours of enjoyment. With the addition of the early Swiss and Burgundian army lists you can now start with the Burgundian Wars on the Wiki List of Wars. I was also happy to see a Swabian League army list, but unfortunately there is no complimentary Swiss army list from the same period (it is in the Age of Machiavelli campaign database) in order to fight battles from the Swabian War.
I only included the Swabian League army list to provide historical opponents for the new German Peasant army list (The German Peasants War 1524-1525). I did not consider the Swabian League to be a "new" army, it is really only the existing German States army 1494-1542. If you want to recreat a Swabian War campaign, you can do that with the existing German States and Swiss armies in the standard Pike and Shot Campaign.

I originally was just going to copy the German States army 1494-1542 to the mod, but then I thought that I might as well rename it to The Swabian League to be more historically accurate. Later I gave them Hoplite1963's new uniticon flags for the German Peasant War and a new leader portrait (Georg III, Truchsess von Waldburg, who was a prominent commander against the Peasants). I am not sure if the flag is appropriate for the earlier Swabian War of 1499, Georg is certainly not the appropriate leader, he was only a boy at the time!

Later still, I realised that the Field of Glory German States army list included a couple of extra unit types that were not in the Pike and Shot list, so I added them. But they are quite minor additions and really my Swabian army list is still pretty much the same as the existing German States list.
Thanks for the clarification, and your hard hard work.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns & Field of Glory II enthusiast

awesum4
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by awesum4 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:24 am

Paul,

a belated thanks for this. I'm having a great time playing various people using some the rather unusual armies here.

Had a few epic battles using Algerian/Morrocan troops. I've always preferred horse archers to lance armed light horse, but when light lancers are the dominant troop type in both armies it makes for an exciting explosive battle.

I love the 1494 Poles (and the rather similar Georgians) my favourite army from FOG:AM, but they work even better here....sometimes.

My current favourite army is Hungarian Peasant Revolt of 1414, just starting a battle against Slovenian Peasant revolt of the same era. I don't know whats in the Slovenian list but I'm sure the battle will be fun and exciting.

We've started playing in hilly terrain, much more interesting than agricultural which I mostly used in the past.

So many interesting armies, so many interesting opponents......so little time

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:33 pm

awesum4 wrote:Paul,

a belated thanks for this. I'm having a great time playing various people using some the rather unusual armies here.

Had a few epic battles using Algerian/Morrocan troops. I've always preferred horse archers to lance armed light horse, but when light lancers are the dominant troop type in both armies it makes for an exciting explosive battle.

I love the 1494 Poles (and the rather similar Georgians) my favourite army from FOG:AM, but they work even better here....sometimes.

My current favourite army is Hungarian Peasant Revolt of 1414, just starting a battle against Slovenian Peasant revolt of the same era. I don't know whats in the Slovenian list but I'm sure the battle will be fun and exciting.

We've started playing in hilly terrain, much more interesting than agricultural which I mostly used in the past.

So many interesting armies, so many interesting opponents......so little time
I'm glad you are enjoying it.

BTW, all the peasant armies have the same core troops but with some national variations thrown in. I think the Hungarian Peasants may be the strongest of the peasant armies, as they have some useful cavalry in addition to the usual Raw Peasant infantry.

Regards

Paul

TT Mod Creator

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:42 am

Played as Portugal vs Kazan in MP. Quite entertaining. It was actually a close and strange match where my pike blocks were chasing light horse all round the map.

Return to “Pike & Shot”