Fall Back in Forest

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Fall Back in Forest

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

I understand that a patch isn't likely any time soon for PnS or Sengoku, but I noticed this issue in both:

If you have a unit fall back in a forest, even out of your opponent's line of sight, they can see the "Fall Back" text during the MP turn replay. It's a minor issue, but it can be a giveaway if you are trying to set up a forest ambush and need to adjust your lines a bit. I have not yet checked if this also happens in FOGII.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Fall Back in Forest

Post by TheGrayMouser »

SnuggleBunnies wrote:I understand that a patch isn't likely any time soon for PnS or Sengoku, but I noticed this issue in both:

If you have a unit fall back in a forest, even out of your opponent's line of sight, they can see the "Fall Back" text during the MP turn replay. It's a minor issue, but it can be a giveaway if you are trying to set up a forest ambush and need to adjust your lines a bit. I have not yet checked if this also happens in FOGII.
It the rustling of the trees that gives you away. :wink:

I never noticed that but usually I'm getting coffee or beer while the replay is going on!
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

TheGrayMouser wrote:
SnuggleBunnies wrote:I understand that a patch isn't likely any time soon for PnS or Sengoku, but I noticed this issue in both:

It the rustling of the trees that gives you away. :wink:

I never noticed that but usually I'm getting coffee or beer while the replay is going on!
Single malt for me :D
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Yes has happened to me too. Bit of a giveaway for sure.

Return to “Pike & Shot”