Rallying.

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Rallying.

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Can someone explain(simply) how rallying works for routed units? I assume there is some form of cohesion tests that determine probability of recovery.
Thanks in advance
Alex
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Rallying.

Post by Pixel »

From page 44 of the manual:
There is a chance at the start of each of its turns that a non- steady unit will take a Cohesion Test to improve its cohesion state. This is much less likely to occur if it is routing. If it does take a test and scores 6 or more, it rallies and goes up one cohesion level.
Routing units cannot test to rally if they are being pursued, or if they suffered more than 5% losses from shooting in the previous turn. (This includes damage from shooting in the Residual Shooting Phase immediately preceding the current turn).
That said I am not sure how the game specifically decides which routed units get to do a cohesion test to potentially rally. As for the test itself I think it is the same as a normal cohesion check (see page 42-43 for more info)

Link to manual: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/a ... _EBOOK.pdf
Image Image
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Thanks Pixel. Was curious about that.
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

As far as I can tell every unit that is not Steady will take a cohesion test at the beginning of their turn in an attempt to rally to a cohesion state that is one better than their current one. There are two exceptions who will not attempt to rally: routing units who are being pursued, and routing units who suffered more than 5% losses from shooting in the previous turn.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Great answer guys, thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

w_michael wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:51 pm As far as I can tell every unit that is not Steady will take a cohesion test at the beginning of their turn in an attempt to rally to a cohesion state that is one better than their current one. There are two exceptions who will not attempt to rally: routing units who are being pursued, and routing units who suffered more than 5% losses from shooting in the previous turn.
There is a chance each turn that each non-STEADY unit will take a cohesion test to see if it rallies. This is 20% for routing troops, 40% for others.

Then they have to pass the test.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Pike & Shot”