Pike&Shot anectodes and memes

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

StuccoFresco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Pike&Shot anectodes and memes

Post by StuccoFresco » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Because why not. What are your best/worst Pike&Shot moments?

Yesterday evening I completed Rocroi 1643 and won the right flank thanks to a wiiiiiiiide flanking move that took three turns to be set up. Very, very Satisfying.
Attachments
flank meme.jpg
my face when
flank meme.jpg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 296 times

Ubberdorc
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Pike&Shot anectodes and memes

Post by Ubberdorc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Playing a new multiplayer historical scenario without any idea what is coming....Battle of Poltava.
I was the Russians, I had never even heard of the battle. The Swedish army was like a tide of un-ending men. When my reinforcements started showing up it was like Christmas even though the troop quality was poor. I pulled a slight win but I thought I was going to lose from start to finish.

Side note: Who ever made that scenario - WELL DONE!

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Pike&Shot anectodes and memes

Post by fikabo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 am

a) Playing as Ottomans against Imperial my horse was in danger situation and I decide to move him back. To avoid cohesion test I charge one infantry (to fall back after charge) but charge was very successful and this attack create serie of flank attacks and my opponent lost 3 units and some disruptions.
b) When I play as Polish I frequently use cossack cavalry to flank attack. It is very efficient also because in 50% cases opponents ignore danger because this unit look like light horse.
c) The same way I lost game when play Dutch with English. I use 2 unit (Keil I think) that looks like old tercio and make brave attacks. I have learned that this unit is not immune to rear attack by action of opponent. One unit get disruption and second was lost because I go to far with it. In this game after about 12 turns front rotate 180 degree because in both armies left wing win and pursue opponent and then rotate to fight with rest.

PS: Połtawa is nice but try game which was before: Lesnaya.

Return to “Pike & Shot”