When is the iPad release?

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

When is the iPad release?

Post by FroBodine »

The store page says the game is aimed at having cross platform multiplayer functionality.

Is the iPad version also released today? I did not see it in the Apple app store. If not, when is it expected to be released?

Thanks!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: When is the iPad release?

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We generally launch on iPad after the desktop versions, as the update process is elongated by the Apple approvals delay. I don't have a solid date for it as yet, but I would expect it to be early in the New Year.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
NumberOneBSUFan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by NumberOneBSUFan »

Very good news. From the sounds of it we have Warhammer and now this coming early next year.
Slowbius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Slowbius »

pipfromslitherine wrote:I would expect it to be early in the New Year
We're now into the New Year so any further news to report Pip?
skoptic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by skoptic »

There is this http://www.slitherine.com/coming_soon

But there has been no official thread for Hell launch and there has been for '65, so not sure that it is gospel.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello All,

We do not yet have a release date, but we have submitted the build to Apple. Hopefully it won't be too much longer, but it is now in the final stages and hopefully there will be an official announcement soon. Sorry for the delay.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the update on the latest pc patch, always nice to have new info
emankhan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by emankhan »

The game map is randomly generated so is not a specific place, but rather captures the feel of the war. You have to deal with the kinds of issues the US Army had to cope with back then and to do this we need to randomize it so you don't know where the enemy is coming from. Each game will have the Ho Chi Min trail in a different location, giving lots of replay value and meaning you have to learn how to cope with an insurgent enemy rather than learn where they will spawn.
eman
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

emankhan wrote:The game map is randomly generated so is not a specific place, but rather captures the feel of the war. You have to deal with the kinds of issues the US Army had to cope with back then and to do this we need to randomize it so you don't know where the enemy is coming from. Each game will have the Ho Chi Min trail in a different location, giving lots of replay value and meaning you have to learn how to cope with an insurgent enemy rather than learn where they will spawn.

think you meant to post this is the Vietnam ’65 thread, as this is the forum for Hell, but yes you are correct in what you have put :wink:
radneto
Hunted Cow
Hunted Cow

Post by radneto »

The IPad release for Hell is tonight at midnight based on your geographical region.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=255947
John Stewart
Hunted Cow Studios LTD.
TheWombat
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by TheWombat »

A couple of bugs I've run into on my iPad Air 2. During the last tutorial mission, with the priest on his way to his annual blessing, if you don't move your guys to the exact spots asked for (easy to over or undershoot by one square if you aren't looking at the screen exactly right), the enemy turn never processes once you've ended your turn. And in the first campaign mission, with you investigating reports of disturbances in some village, the game locked up during the demon turn. Froze right up and I had to kill the app.

Other than that, this is a very appealing and even humorous game.
radneto
Hunted Cow
Hunted Cow

Post by radneto »

Hey Wombat,

I was playing on mission 1 last night and didn't see a crash, could you let me know what turn this happened on and how you made this happen?
John Stewart
Hunted Cow Studios LTD.
TheWombat

Post by TheWombat »

radneto wrote:Hey Wombat,

I was playing on mission 1 last night and didn't see a crash, could you let me know what turn this happened on and how you made this happen?
IIRC, I had hit next turn and was watching the demon side when it froze. What's weird is that when I minimized and then reopened the app, the screen was frozen on the earlier tutorial mission which had also locked up; it's almost as if it never fully recovered from that or something. Very odd.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sounds like you had it running twice then?
TheWombat

Post by TheWombat »

zakblood_slith wrote:sounds like you had it running twice then?
Could be; I didn't know that was even possible! iOS is sort of a black box to me.

Return to “Hell”