I made a mod - a Weird War II skirmish mod for HELL

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

JamesManhattan
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

I made a mod - a Weird War II skirmish mod for HELL

Post by JamesManhattan »

This is a mod to try to make a miniatures skirmish game using HELL as the base system. Unlike HELL each squad is a single miniature. Right now the miniatures are essentially paper flat miniatures. So anyone could edit this and use their own pictures of miniatures they have.

Campaign Setting:
It is 1943 and World War II is ravaging the Earth. The Nazis have unlocked the power of the occult. They have gained power of Cthulhu and the Old Ones. Responding to the threat to the entire universe, Aliens have made themselves known to the Americans, and offered their help through technology. This mod is an attempt to blend in a lot of Weird War II elements from miniatures games such as: Gear Krieg, Achtung! Cthulhu, Tannhauser, Konflikt 47, and Secrets of the Third Reich.

It has 4 Scenarios. I made it as a test to see what was possible. I think it turned out well. The music and darkness of HELL works very well with the horror theme.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsih5nx2q9a7a ... I.zip?dl=1
Unzip the file into your C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\HELL\CAMPAIGNS folder
and it will create the C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\HELL\CAMPAIGNS\WEIRDWARII folder and you will see it under Campaigns in the HELL menu.

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to incorporate sounds, so you have to copy some things from out of C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\HELL\CAMPAIGNS\WEIRDWARII
copy the sfx0.txt and overwrite (Make a backup) over your D:\Program Files\Slitherine\Hell\Data\sfx0.txt (leaving the new file will not mess up your existing HELL game, it is all additive, nothing replaced)
copy all the files in SOUNDS folder into your D:\Program Files\Slitherine\Hell\Data\Sounds folder

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: I made a mod - a Weird War II skirmish mod for HELL

Post by zakblood »

sounds great so thanks, away atm but will test it when i'm back :wink:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I made a mod - a Weird War II skirmish mod for HELL

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Very cool!