Slitherine and Steam: 2 things, that could be improved

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Tinstaafl
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Slitherine and Steam: 2 things, that could be improved

Post by Tinstaafl »

I actually like very much to have all possible games listed both on Steam and on Slitherine. It makes it easier to check my purchases and make sure, that I don't buy the same game twice. I also like the security of having the games accessible not only through Steam (don't put all your eggs in one basket, well over 500 games on Steam already), even though for everyday use I prefer to access them through Steam.

1) This is really a bug/design oversight and should be very simple to fix. Some games use the same key for Slitherine and Steam activation, but this info is hidden from an average user (btw, thx to zakblood for posting this info). There is no info on My Game list about this and those games are not listed as My Games with Steam Keys and All Games with Steam Keys.

2) While I do understand, why some publishers don't want their games to be sold through Steam, it's my opinion, that there should be a possibility to register on Slitherine all of the games sold here, that have been also published on Steam. Some of the games already use the same key for both registrations, others should make it possible to register them here using a valid Steam key. I know, that it may be a bit harder to implement, but I believe, that increased customer comfort would be worth it.
It's also worth noting here, that even though Steam takes up to 30% commission on my purchases there, Slitherine is actually earning more, if I buy the games there (my last purchase here has been done with 41% Anniversary Coupon, the next one will come with 44% discount).

EDIT: It's pretty important to allow us to register Steam keys at Slitherine also because on Steam things like this happen, annoyingly for players and causing games to get bad reviews:
pango » Reviews » Rise of Prussia Gold
32 people found this review helpful
2 people found this review funny
Not Recommended
0.0 hrs last two weeks / 1.2 hrs on record
Posted: 14 Jun, 2015 @ 8:02pm
Updated: 28 Jul, 2015 @ 5:08pm

edit: Finally: 28 July 2015 They updated it on steam to 1.11. It only took them 1 year 7 months!

originally I wrote:

They are happy to take your money for this product but they are unwilling to even bother keeping it up to date on steam.
Latest patch is 1.11 from DECEMBER 2013. Steam's version is 1.10.
Someone asked in discussion area of steam OVER A YEAR AGO when the patch would come here and dev said they are "working on it". OVER A YEAR AGO.
I can bet, that this Steam purchase has been simply cancelled; maybe it wouldn't, if it was possible also to register here and play it without Steam, until it's patched. Note the 32 people finding this review to be helpful. How many of those are the lost customers?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Slitherine and Steam: 2 things, that could be improved

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback - we're in the process of redesigning the members area. Feel free to heck out the beta version here
https://www51.slitherine.com
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

IainMcNeil wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:02 pm Thanks for the feedback - we're in the process of redesigning the members area. Feel free to heck out the beta version here
https://www51.slitherine.com
In the old website, one had to register a game and then to generate a Steam key on the link next to registered serial (if the game was not registered there was a tooltip telling you what to do). In the new website if the game is registered but the Steam key was not generated there is only info how a Steam key is not available, there is no explanation why it is not available and how to obtain one.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I believe this will be added at a later stage, during beta.

Return to “Site Feedback”