Updater: Help and How-To's.

Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updater: Help and How-To's.

Post by Surtur »

If you are having any trouble using the automatic update process, then you should ensure that the UPDATER.EXE in your install directory (usually C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Battlefield Academy) has been allowed to access the internet by whatever firewall or security application you are running. This might be Windows Firewall, Zone Alarm, McAffee, AVG, or another security suite.

Once the updater can connect to the internet, the update process is entirely automated. The updater will only download the updates required by your current installation.

Note - if the main game EXE (BA.EXE) cannot access the internet, then you will not be informed when updates and new content becomes available, so ensure that this EXE is also given access through your firewall.

If you are not able to fix an issue with the updater, or any aspect of the game, please post in our Tech Support forum.
xerxes42
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Updater: Help and How-To's.

Post by xerxes42 »

Hi,

Despite adding exceptions for ba2.exe and updater.exe to Windows 7 firewall I still get a problem when I try and check for updates, it says 'Trying to get handle......' then, after a few seconds says it cannot contact the update server.

Any ideas/suggestions?
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Re: Updater: Help and How-To's.

Post by terrys »

when I try and check for updates, it says 'Trying to get handle......' then, after a few seconds says it cannot contact the update server.
I'm getting the same problem. I've checked the firewall logs and there's nothing being blocked so any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Tech Support”