Modifying Random Map Plugin

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Modifying Random Map Plugin

Post by Granfali »

At the moment there are only two styles in the Random Map Plugin: Russia and Russia Snow. Is there any way to include another one?

Any chances to modifying code? ...to building maps with, e.g. more houses and less "square roads and fields" in farmland mode?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modifying Random Map Plugin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The random map building is all scripted, but I can't recall whether we set it up to allow for custom campaign map building. I will need to look at the code to see for sure, but I am out of the office for a while. I will set myself a note to look when I get back!

I do think you can add new styles by just setting up your tiles.txt file correctly. I believe this is documented on the ba2 wiki.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Granfali »

pipfromslitherine wrote:I will need to look at the code to see for sure, but I am out of the office for a while. I will set myself a note to look when I get back!
Pip
Ok, thanks. Waiting the answer... 8)
Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Brummbar44 »

I was also wondering if it is possible to add more random map types. It would be great to have a more mixed type of random map (ie. a mix of urban and farm or farm and wilderness etc...)

Is that possible? If so, how do we go about making that happen?

It would be great for the league to have options this way...please let us know, I can't seem to find much info on this subject.

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Modders Corner”