BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 am

jeggs wrote:Cant save in the spreadsheat:

Won my return leg vs macnab: 6:0
Won 1st leg vs MacD2013: 5:3

The game vs. MacD2013 was 43 Pz vs 44 Allies: I as soviet was sloppy in the beginning, he overran my right flank, should have lost the game, but the quality of my tanks helped to get a victory.

That said, the 44 vs 43 matchups are definitely skewed, the armour of IS IIs impregnable for the small german tanks and they have a hard time vs the 85s and the 152s. I think the 41 matchups are more balanced, especially if you choose an urban setting.
No problem, I'll help you record the result. Just check so I got it right in the spreadsheet.

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 am

I've been in contact with Amaris, and sadly he don't have time to play at the moment and therefore have to leave the tournament. I'll record this in the spreadsheet.

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 am

Challenges for:

Glenghiscan: Sov. Mech 44 vs German Mech 44, Farmland

Zarevic: Sov. Mech 44 vs German SS Corp 43, Wilderness

Avisnigra67: Sov. Mech 41 vs German Mech 41, Farmland

best75
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by best75 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:06 am

Burgot I challenge you, farmland, german mech corps 44 vs soviet mech corps 44

Zarevic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:38 pm
Location: Madrid

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by Zarevic » Sat May 23, 2015 11:25 am

cavehobbit wrote:Challenges for:

Glenghiscan: Sov. Mech 44 vs German Mech 44, Farmland

Zarevic: Sov. Mech 44 vs German SS Corp 43, Wilderness

Avisnigra67: Sov. Mech 41 vs German Mech 41, Farmland
Challenge accepted.
I choose soviets.
Pass: cave

But when i set Sov mech 44 its matched with German Pz corps (not SS Corp)... Something i´ve doing wrong?...

And some challenges by my side:

Avisnigra 67 : Sov Mech 41 vs Germ Mech 41, Urban
Glenghiscan: Sov Mech 41 vs Germ Mech 41, Urban

Cheers

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by glenghiscan » Sat May 23, 2015 11:40 am

Both my games wilderness games are completed with avis I won with soviets and then avis also won with soviets in the return game ( I never beat avis but I can take no joy from this rare victory)

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by glenghiscan » Sat May 23, 2015 11:41 am

In both games the Germans where wiped from the face of the earth before the last 2 flags where captured

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Sat May 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Zarevic wrote:
cavehobbit wrote: But when i set Sov mech 44 its matched with German Pz corps (not SS Corp)... Something i´ve doing wrong?...
You should be able to change the German Pz Corps to the SS Pz Corps. Not a big problem if we use the German Pz Corps.

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by glenghiscan » Sat May 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Zaveric and cave I've put up 2 games so we can play as soviets and Germans to save time password glen hope this is ok

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Sat May 23, 2015 1:31 pm

glenghiscan wrote:Zaveric and cave I've put up 2 games so we can play as soviets and Germans to save time password glen hope this is ok
Which of the game is for me?

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by MacD2013 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:20 pm

cavehobbit wrote:
glenghiscan wrote:The sooner cave puts his blood and honour maps up for a tourney the better there by far better than skirmish slitherine should pay him !
Thanks for the kind word :)
Well, I much agree with Avisnigra. The army lists are not enough balanced, and they are too few. This tournament follow the format in a Pike&Shot tournament I play and in P&S there are lots of army list. Not sure why there are so few i BA2, maybe Slitherine doesn't prioritises BA2 at the moment? One really great thing in P&S is that one of the leading developer is among us playing tournaments and campaigns and we can give him feedback personally.
This tournament is an experiment from my side to try out the P&S format using skirmish mode. I think the tournament format works just fine with the challenger telling his opponent which two army list that will fight and then the opponent choose side. The challenger can't just pick one poor army list and one really good as then he most probably end up playing the poor one. But as there are too few army list, and with the German Mech'41 doesn't give any buying options with medium armies there's not much variety.
But still I have much fun playing.

I don't blame anyone wanting to leave the tournament, but I hope we can play it to its end and then send a summary of our experiences about the skirmish mode in BA2 to Slitherine, hoping that they will improve this feature of the game.
If you ask me I find playing scenarios more fun than skirmish battles, but as it is now I don't have time working on scenarios for a tournament. Best of all would be to start a GJS style campaign, but that's just too much work, sadly...

P-A
Honestly I think that is the biggest problem, because we can't pick our force disposition and we're playing on medium so it's small anyways. This leads for a lot of German dispositions having comically small infantry support. A SS Panzer Corps on medium has like 3 Waffen SS infantry and a scout unit.

I'll play to the bitter end because I have fun and I'm not looking for a be all end all tournament, but there are some issues that pop up.

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by MacD2013 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Cave, think you added the wrong score for Jeggs and I's matches. We've just completed the one (my challenge), he won 5-3. But his challenge reads 6-0 him and we've just started that match.

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Sat May 23, 2015 4:44 pm

MacD2013 wrote:Cave, think you added the wrong score for Jeggs and I's matches. We've just completed the one (my challenge), he won 5-3. But his challenge reads 6-0 him and we've just started that match.
Sorry, my fault. :oops: I think I got it right this time, but please check...

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by MacD2013 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:14 pm

cavehobbit wrote:
MacD2013 wrote:Cave, think you added the wrong score for Jeggs and I's matches. We've just completed the one (my challenge), he won 5-3. But his challenge reads 6-0 him and we've just started that match.
Sorry, my fault. :oops: I think I got it right this time, but please check...
Yep, looks good thanks!

peterjfrigate
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by peterjfrigate » Mon May 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Avisnigra67: You might be right. Please take the Soviets and let's have another go. I challenge you: medium, russia, medium, farmland, ss panzer 43, soviet mech 44, meeting engagement.

all the best,
Peterjfrigate

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by glenghiscan » Mon May 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Not that I'm one to moan but! In a recent game as russians I could select kv2s x2 and matildas whilst my oppenent could choose from hetzers and elephant and the cherry on top paras ? This is why tourneys should be designated maps not this madness ! Rant over just aswell I like a challenge

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by cavehobbit » Tue May 26, 2015 6:37 am

glenghiscan wrote:Not that I'm one to moan but! In a recent game as russians I could select kv2s x2 and matildas whilst my oppenent could choose from hetzers and elephant and the cherry on top paras ? This is why tourneys should be designated maps not this madness ! Rant over just aswell I like a challenge
Sounds like out game. Actually I was surprised to find KV-2's when I got later war Panzers. Sadly this seems to be another example of the unbalance in skirmish mode in BA2. At least we now know that Slitherine have more to do to make the Skirmish mode work better. And as you say, designated maps are preferable for tournaments.

jeggs
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by jeggs » Tue May 26, 2015 5:46 pm

cavehobbit wrote: Sounds like out game. Actually I was surprised to find KV-2's when I got later war Panzers. Sadly this seems to be another example of the unbalance in skirmish mode in BA2. At least we now know that Slitherine have more to do to make the Skirmish mode work better. And as you say, designated maps are preferable for tournaments.
I actually like the randomness of the skirmish maps. With tournament maps, you know after a time where the enemy should be in which turn with which units. The army lists can be horribly skewed and that is definetely a problem.

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by MacD2013 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:24 pm

cavehobbit wrote:
glenghiscan wrote:Not that I'm one to moan but! In a recent game as russians I could select kv2s x2 and matildas whilst my oppenent could choose from hetzers and elephant and the cherry on top paras ? This is why tourneys should be designated maps not this madness ! Rant over just aswell I like a challenge
Sounds like out game. Actually I was surprised to find KV-2's when I got later war Panzers. Sadly this seems to be another example of the unbalance in skirmish mode in BA2. At least we now know that Slitherine have more to do to make the Skirmish mode work better. And as you say, designated maps are preferable for tournaments.
jeggs wrote:
cavehobbit wrote: Sounds like out game. Actually I was surprised to find KV-2's when I got later war Panzers. Sadly this seems to be another example of the unbalance in skirmish mode in BA2. At least we now know that Slitherine have more to do to make the Skirmish mode work better. And as you say, designated maps are preferable for tournaments.
I actually like the randomness of the skirmish maps. With tournament maps, you know after a time where the enemy should be in which turn with which units. The army lists can be horribly skewed and that is definetely a problem.
I'm with Jeggs on the randomness of the map itself. It helps with a "neutral" ground feel so no side has an advantage. Honestly all Slitherine has to do is have the online skirmish with player equipment choosing based on the predisposed army lists. They just need to include the early Panther tank in the Panzer Corps 43 list, complete with the mechanical breakdowns more often. I know I'd feel far more confident going in if I could choose what I wanted based on the map.

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 am

Re: BA2 Skirmish Tournament

Post by glenghiscan » Tue May 26, 2015 11:10 pm

If you had played caves tourney maps you would know these skirmish maps are dire as I've already said on my previous post against my game with cave he as 4x hetzers 1x elephant 1x jagdpanther paras and as found flame throwers against 2xkv2'and 1xmatilda I think I'm a fairly decent player and I like a andicap which the games give you when you've said you know where your enemy should be (a good player won't be there) but the point I'm making and others is the selection of forces is horrendous ! Example in my challenges with best 75 I'm wiping the floor with him I'll lose 1 infantry unit against him ! He's a good player it shouldn't happen example 2 against avis nigra ive been playing over a year against him and won twice in this tourney I wiped the floor with him ! It wouldn't happen the guy is the best player on here

Post Reply

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Tournaments & Leagues”