B44 for BA2 - Multiplayer Campaign League

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: B44 for BA2 - Multiplayer Campaign League

Post by Brummbar44 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Sounds like a wicked fight. Congrats and condolences.

Map and situation updated.

bruce1944
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bruce1944 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Well I cannot take a bunch of the credit. Terrain favored me along with the make up of my forces. Infantry country, MacD just ran into a perfect German setup :D !

Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:58 pm

I am grieved to report the SS loss at Stalingrad. After a withdrawal from the outskirts, Soviet mortars and a very bolstered militia made it very rough going for the panzers.

Map and situation updated.

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 pm

skyrider wrote:Well I cannot take a bunch of the credit. Terrain favored me along with the make up of my forces. Infantry country, MacD just ran into a perfect German setup :D !
It really was well done on your part.

bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Thank you! Until we meet again!

bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:45 pm

I guess that means only one battle remains! :D

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:28 pm

My game with Gibrinskii is basically over. I do not have enough left to retake the lost flags (3:1 in favor of Gibrinskii). If we are the last game, then show it as a Soviet win.

GG!

bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:37 pm

At this point I believe the limited fire rate of the 15cm German arty has shown itself to be to great a disadvantage to be overcome. Of the 6 games one was a German victory (and it was because of terrain ). The proof is in the pudding give us back our arty!! Come on Germans speak up!

Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:44 pm

skyrider wrote:At this point I believe the limited fire rate of the 15cm German arty has shown itself to be to great a disadvantage to be overcome. Of the 6 games one was a German victory (and it was because of terrain ). The proof is in the pudding give us back our arty!! Come on Germans speak up!
Being on the verge of Turn 5 (and it will be a big turn) it might be a good time to reflect on moving forward.

If we make an adjustment to the forces, it will mean a download...so are there any other adjustments that folks think would be good at this time?

Real made a good point (though it ended up costing me the battle) that the Objective cities should be Defensives regardless of what the designated battle is (much like the Reich Defence rule). I think that makes sense...any objections?

This turn will also see the new Ordering Sequence where we flip the sides in determining forces and Generals. Oddly, it seems very appropriate given the wins of the Soviets...perhaps it should be more of an Initiative thing. Something to think about for the next campaign. Thoughts there?

Another couple of new concepts came up in the battle for Stalingrad that I hadn't taken into account initially so I would like some feedback on these as well...

DRAWS - There were four objectives there...what happens if we split them? My first thought was to keep it as a draw and simply fight it out again the next turn. Any other ideas?

OBJECTIVE WINS - What happens if I won at Stalingrad? Would that be final for the South or should the Soviets have opportunities to try to take the city back? In other words, do we play out the whole time frame of the campaign and see where things stand at the end or does taking an objective finalize that front? (currently how the rules are)

Anything else that stands out...please drop me a line or feel free to post here.

Thanks again to everyone for a very gentlemanly round.

Map and situation updated...we'll take a brief pause for discussion so if you want to have say in the next round, please do it soon.

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:42 pm

I think Soviets should be able to attempt to retake an objective city only if the map allows for it. In Stalingrad's case the Soviets would have to push all the way back to Kiev (unless you change the map at Kursk). Soviets shouldn't have the possibility of retaking an objective city from an out of nowhere added location. Basically just continue to make everything inter reactive with the outcomes of battles.

Gibrinskii
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Gibrinskii » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:00 am

skyrider wrote:At this point I believe the limited fire rate of the 15cm German arty has shown itself to be to great a disadvantage to be overcome. Of the 6 games one was a German victory (and it was because of terrain ). The proof is in the pudding give us back our arty!! Come on Germans speak up!
Our game could have gone either way (specially since the Germans had better tanks), but I must admit that while the 15cm artillery turned my soldiers into tiny bits, it fired just once in the entire scenario, while the soviet mortars fired every single round and proved decisive in the outcome.

Cheers!

Gibrinskii

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:06 am

Gibrinskii wrote:
Our game could have gone either way (specially since the Germans had better tanks), but I must admit that while the 15cm artillery turned my soldiers into tiny bits, it fired just once in the entire scenario, while the soviet mortars fired every single round and proved decisive in the outcome.

Cheers!

Gibrinskii
Why did the 150mm fire only once the entire game? Should have been raining hellfire every 2 rounds...

glenghiscan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by glenghiscan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:56 am

My game went to the last turn and could have gone either way enemy arty fired every other turn and destroyed armour and flesh alike my 1 mortar unit fired every turn mainly smoke or to suppress units think the balance is more or less correct as the length of the games show my previous games have been wrapped up halfway through also I think the map plays a massive factor in favour of defence or attacker which all depends on the luck of the draw I would say my map favoured me somewhat

MacD2013
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MacD2013 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:37 pm

If German players want more control on the arty, is it possible to have a set amount of firing as opposed to number of rounds? Then German players can decide when they want the arty and the concentration but when its up, its gone.

bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Much of this can be cleared up by a single commitment. Both teams agree to play both sides. At the end of the first tourney we switch sides and have at it again. That way things even things out for both sides without changing the structure of the game. Seems to me your basic instinct is to want changes that will favor your side, even if you try to be neutral. Remember the law of unintended consequences, every action leads to a reaction. So with no changes you have to deal with the problems that come with your side. I don't believe in messing with mother nature!!! :D

glenghiscan

Post by glenghiscan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Only there skirmish maps so the following tourney would be different

bruce1944

Post by bruce1944 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:12 pm

You just have to accept different terrains. Nothing to be done about that. Just better if your opponent is willing to play your side and equal things out. :D

Gibrinskii

Post by Gibrinskii » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:37 am

MacD2013 wrote:Why did the 150mm fire only once the entire game? Should have been raining hellfire every 2 rounds...
Well, I saw it firing only once. My foe had a mortar unit as well, and I could not be sure which of them was firing on which round. But the turn I saw it, it was pretty devastating... :roll:

Cheers!

Gibrinskii

Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:18 pm

MacD2013 wrote:If German players want more control on the arty, is it possible to have a set amount of firing as opposed to number of rounds? Then German players can decide when they want the arty and the concentration but when its up, its gone.
I like this idea. Much like a limited number of Smoke rounds. I'll look into it.

skyrider wrote:Much of this can be cleared up by a single commitment. Both teams agree to play both sides. At the end of the first tourney we switch sides and have at it again.
While we certainly can do this, I think it would be ideal to have as much balance as possible in every game. There are too many variables otherwise (aside from the change of random terrain, opponents may come and go etc...).

Thanks for the comments so far. Helpful.

Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Brummbar44 wrote:
MacD2013 wrote:If German players want more control on the arty, is it possible to have a set amount of firing as opposed to number of rounds? Then German players can decide when they want the arty and the concentration but when its up, its gone.
I like this idea. Much like a limited number of Smoke rounds. I'll look into it.
It doesn't appear that this can happen (unlike limited smoke rounds).

Alternately we could simply replace the big indirects (15cm & 120mm mortars) with the Bombard bonus.

Thoughts?

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Tournaments & Leagues”