Abandonware?

Frontline: The Longest day takes the action West, to the bloody beaches of Normandy.
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Abandonware?

Post by kverdon »

Many issues remain with this game to the point of it being unplayable. There have been no updates in a long while and no mention of a forthcoming patch. Has this game been abandoned and those of us who purchased it left out to dry? Would it be possible for those of us who purchased this on the faith of Matrix/Slitherine be given credit for another release that is actually playable?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Abandonware?

Post by zakblood »

game plays fine tbh, what version you having problems with?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Can you let us know what the issues are that stop you playing the game? It is best to report to support as the forum is not that busy and issues could get missed if posted here.
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

I have posted about Gold Beach and the fog returning or the German Marine Unit that turns into a ghost. I have played it 6 times and even kept units at the radio towers and still the fog returns.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello klhbekool,

Which OS are you running the game on? I know the developers are currently working on these issues, which I think are occurring on iOS, but they have said that the patch will not be ready until May at the earliest, however we have noted these issues and are working on a fix. I'm sorry for the delay, but hopefully it will not be too much longer.
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

Thanks Joe, I am using windows 7. May isn't that far off.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

I am running the iOS version and have already posted my issues, like the repopulating minefields, elsewhere.

Thanks,

Kevin
leci
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by leci »

I too have posted my observations and problems with this game. I also agree wholeheartedly with the subject matter/question of this topic!

For clarity I am using an iPad2 with the latest IOS. This is an important and salient point. Yes, someone on platform x and running OS y has no problems using this product, but I, with my configuration, purchased this product as nothing was indicated by the manufacturer that I would have problems or that certain caveats existed.

But, as I have stated before in this forum, this must be the only industry where a customer would abandon a paid for product that is not fit for purpose; would I abandon a new car, a new white good? Of course not! Would I retain a flawed car while the manufacturer spent months updating the product? Of course not!

Not only would that manufacturer have gone out of business but I would have used the full weight of contract and customer law and legislation to recoup my costs. Not so in the software arena! Customer beware.

For clarity, I am not complaining about the game (i.e. product) heuristics, difficulty levels etc., but rather that the game (ie product) does not display correctly (as defined in the product specification and manual) for my platform and exhibits bugs (which are noted but not addressed ie no after sales support).

Refund required.
My directory of Battle Academy Playable Mods & Scenarios at viewtopic.php?f=87&t=43167

Gilles
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello All,

Sorry that the patch is not yet out. The developers are working on a number of tasks, and the patch for the Longest Day is one of those. I know that the developers are aware of most of these issues and are working on a patch which will fix these, with the release of this patch occurring some time in May. This should be out within the next month. I'll ensure that the developers have made a note of the issues you have listed here. Again, sorry that we have taken so long to get this out, but the developers are working on this.
leci

Post by leci »

Just for clarity (although posted across this forum) my issues are (iPad2 running latest IOS):
- the values below enemy units are not decipherable, they were before the latest IOS upgrade
- when picking battles (on the map) any accidental touch of the screen may pick a scenario which was not intended
- the resource purchase screen obscures the playing screen making unit placement impossible
- why cannot para units be placed behind enemy lines,surely the raison etre of para units?
- variously, engineer units cannot sweep mines
- saving and loading does not work and if occasionally it does, the map and unit placement is messed up
- naval units can sometimes be shown as naval unit icons (containing eg tanks) travelling across land which is a nonsense
My directory of Battle Academy Playable Mods & Scenarios at viewtopic.php?f=87&t=43167

Gilles
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Leci,

Yes, the Devs may not be posting on the forum, but I know they are making a note of everything. Hopefully the patch will be out within the month.
leci

Post by leci »

Based on empirical evidence ie no upgrade, I am guessing that this is now a dead game!

Gilles

Gilles
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

patch is out and pc version works fine.
leci

Post by leci »

IPad?

Gilles
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

unknown sorry
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Leci,

Sorry, I have chased this a few times. I know that this is on the list, but I'm not sure when the Devs will be able to get this out. I'll chase this internally and see if I can get an update. Again, sorry that the game is still problematic this late.
perezron
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by perezron »

I've bought this game for android using amazon app store. I'm very dissapointing about the bugs refered by other users (mines, ghost units, etc). I'm sorry but I will ask amazon for refunding my coins. :-(

Regards, Manuel
Bibs

Post by Bibs »

It would seem at getting out a patch so you could save the game without all the mines reappearing would have been doable in the last 3 months. Clearly this game is dead.
skoptic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by skoptic »

On sale.... No update.... Months gone by.... Isn't putting this one sale a bit rich with the acknowledged issues?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi, new patch out now!

viewtopic.php?f=316&t=68968

Return to “Frontline: The Longest Day”