script error

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger

script error

Post by deadtorius » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:44 pm

I have seen a multi player message that our script do not match in two multi player games. My opponents appear to be getting the message in their turns first then I see it in my turn. Completed one game as the script message did not start showing until a few turns before the game ended. The second game the message has appeared on turn 2. The games appear to be playing normally, turns are sent and received, just the script message is an oddity. I have started 2 new games, the first one is now showing the script error, the second one has not displayed it yet, just 1 turn in so far but all has been good.
the message says we should abandon the game and report the script issue. We're continuing the games so far but the issue is being reported.

Only odd thing that has happened to my game, I downloaded the reduced range and move mod and have lost move sounds for light guns. Other than that I believe the game has been running normally. All games reporting the script error are multi player vanilla games.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: script error

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Light guns never had movement sounds. You aren't the first person to notice that they have "lost" their light gun movement sounds, but in fact we did not give them any because we felt that they they did not represent enough men to make a significant noise - compared, say, with 500 infantrymen.

The script error thing means that one of you is using different scripts. Downloading the shortened ranges thing shouldn't have done this because they don't download into the main installation. (But see below).

It is possible that one of you has inadvertently altered something in your main installation.

As there are two of them and only one of you, and as they were the first to see the message, it suggests that it is your installation that has been altered.

I am not technical support, so probably best not do anything rash until someone from tech support comes along.

Looking at Joca Romeros issue in modder's Corner, which appears to be the same, the issue might in fact be something to do with the game not recognising the modded campaigns correctly - unless either of you has modded the mod at all.

See viewtopic.php?f=322&t=62692&start=20

We will look into it.
Richard Bodley Scott

deadtorius

Post by deadtorius » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:55 pm

other than downloading the mods I have never changed or gone into any of the game files. I suspect it has something to do with the reduced range/move mod, as my opponent said he first noticed the message after downloading and playing a game with the reduced ranges/moves.
for some reason I thought that originally there had been some sound associated with light guns moving, guess the old mind is playing tricks.
Continuing with the multi player games and so far no more script error messages.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:15 pm

We have identified the cause of the "Script Change" message with these mods, and unfortunately it means that the reduced ranges and movement mods will not work correctly with the current version of the program.

We are working on making them work with the next update, although the deadline for that is very close, and we may or may not be able to get the fix up and running in time. If not, we will get it working for the following update.

In the meantime, you need to delete the reduced ranges/movement mods from your system to get rid of the errors entirely. None of the other downloadable user content is affected.

You can delete the SP versions in the Historical menu.

Unfortunately, because the mods have no scenarios, the normal method of deleting the MP versions doesn't work. You therefore have to delete them manually. On the PC you will find their folders in
/My Documents/My Games/PIKEANDSHOT/MULTIPLAYER

Once again, because the normal method of deleting custom MP campaigns does not work (as this mod has no scenarios), on the iPad it isn't possible to delete them except by deleting the program and reinstalling it from the Cloud using the App Store. (Which fortunately is a fairly painless process). You will then need to re-download any other user content that you want on your iPad.
Richard Bodley Scott

deadtorius

Post by deadtorius » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:44 am

Thanks for the info the mulit player reduced move games have been deleted. Not a big fan of it after trying a few different games with the mod.
Back to normal multi player now. :D

Return to “Tech Support”