Server Problems

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Server Problems

Post by awesum4 »

Since the middle of last week I've had huge problems with both accessing the forum and playing the on-line multiplayer games.

At times I can get onto the Tournaments and leagues sub forum and read and post messages, but at other times it states its overloaded.

At times I have been totaly unable to access the game server, at other times I am able to access it but it says I am playing 0 games.
At other times I can play a move but am unable to post my move to my opponent, after trying to save several times it says I can cancel and the server will record I tried to do the move. After I cancel the computer seems to send the move to my opponent.

It was really terrible on Friday and Saturday, to the point I just gave up playing. It improved slightly on Sunday. Today, Monday it worked well on my first 3 moves, but then I had the same problem wih my fourth game.

From comments on the campaign threads and from talking to a couple of local opponents it appears others are having the same problems.

I am surprised that no comments have appeared on this tech support thread, so I thought I'd start one.

I hope someone from Slitherine can give us some feed back on these issues,

Andre
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Server Problems

Post by GDod »

I've had similar problems from the same day, and even trying to access this forum takes an inordinate amount of time. Most of the time I can't access P&S Campaigns and the Field of Glory II Tournament is almost impossible. One P&S turn took 8 tries to send... I think I'll shelve this frustration until some PBEM Server Tech sorts this mess out... Talk about a Halloween Weekend Special, it's certainly scared me,and the silence is deafening!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

there have been plenty of posts on the server and sites issue, just not in every forum, the server and site forum has been working slow and sometimes down, so not all posts were answered or even seen, but as the server and sites start to work better, these post are now being seen and replied to, no permanent fix for the server atm, but it's up and running and while still slow, the sites working as well and will be back to normal asap, sorry again for the late reply and issues
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

zakblood wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:04 am there have been plenty of posts on the server and sites issue, just not in every forum, the server and site forum has been working slow and sometimes down, so not all posts were answered or even seen, but as the server and sites start to work better, these post are now being seen and replied to, no permanent fix for the server atm, but it's up and running and while still slow, the sites working as well and will be back to normal asap, sorry again for the late reply and issues
Thanks, team. It appears to be back on the right track today 2:20pm 6/11 NZ time.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Yes, thanks team, it seems to be working fine today. I was really missing my fix of gaming on my favourite game and following the discussions on the forum.

Return to “Tech Support”