Commanding a single unit

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Commanding a single unit

Post by edward77 »

Is it possible to give a single unit (not team) a command in the Script BSF file?
eg using SetCannotControl(id, value). The id values run from 0 upto 64(max) but how do they relate to the IDs in the squad file?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Commanding a single unit

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Anywhere you see a unit id required they are the id of a specific unit. This is not related to the squads file but to the specific unit on the map. You generally get a unit id using GetUnitID as they are not just [0,63] because they vary by side.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Thanks Pip for the quick reply. Yes its 0 to 63 max. But how do I know the id of a particular unit? I know the unit name, what side and what team each unit is in but how can I identify which one is 10 or which one is 17?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

edward77 wrote:Thanks Pip for the quick reply. Yes its 0 to 63 max. But how do I know the id of a particular unit? I know the unit name, what side and what team each unit is in but how can I identify which one is 10 or which one is 17?
There isn't an easy way of doing this. If you are trying to the stop the player from controlling it in the initial turns of the scenario, the easiest way to do it would be

id = GetUnitOnTile(x, y);

if you know the values for x and y that represent its starting location.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Scenario Design”