Why this game so discriminate against the HRE/Austrian???

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Why this game so discriminate against the HRE/Austrian???

Post by whhzj »

It's already so faking ridiculous for no battle for HRE side in the whole 30-year war campaign,And every other campaign are have battles for both sides,even some battle was available to fight for Charle I in the English civil war,and France/Spain in litailn wars,why the 30 year war so special??? It's let me feel so bad to control those evilly heretic Protestants!

And things get even worst in download battles,only very few valuable battles,and still all for Turkish wars,(but I need to sincerely praise the "nikdav" for battles he created),Then not thing for 7year war and napoleon wars!i serious don't faking care about that friederich or that corsica monster(short and small one),think about the wallenstein!count Tilly! And the legendary of Archduke Karl Ludwig Johann!

So the main problem it's no battle for both sides! I(maybe a lot of other players,play download battles just for find the feel of command a army which I love/like,I just play for that feel. For Seriously I don't care of balance. There never had an totally balanced war in the history!

I'll eager to play if the battle of Aspern-essling created by some one and can be play on AUSTRIAN side to faking massacre those god damned French army !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
Archduke Karl Ludwig Johann will lead us!
Archduke Karl Ludwig Johann will lead us!
image.jpeg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Why this game so discriminate against the HRE/Austrian??

Post by Pixel »

My understanding is that it is not intentional that the Imperial side isn't showcased in the TYW scenarios. When the game was designed the battles were set up with the player in control of the historically disadvantaged side (in most but not all cases the historical loser of the battle). A lot of folks wished for scenarios playable on both sides so we eventually got some from the community and in the subsequent games Sengoku and Field of Glory II scenarios were added so both sides became playable. This didn't carry over to the original scenarios that were included with Pike and Shot. Therefore in the TYW module the official scenarios have you playing the Protestants. I don't think it is meant in any way to "discriminate" against the HRE though.
Last edited by Pixel on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Why this game so discriminate against the HRE/Austrian??

Post by whhzj »

Pixel wrote:My understanding is that it is not intentional that the Imperial side isn't showcased in the TYW scenarios. When the game was designed the battles were set up with the player in control of the historically disadvantaged side (aka the historical loser of the battle). A lot of folks wished for scenarios playable on both sides so we eventually got some from the community and in the subsequent games Sengoku and Field of Glory II scenarios were added so both sides became playable. This didn't carry over to the original scenarios that were included with Pike and Shot. Therefore in the TYW module the official scenarios have you playing the Protestants. I don't think it is meant in any way to "discriminate" against the HRE though.
But wait! In the 30-year war campaign there did a lot of battle which Protestants win, then I still asked to command them,but when I meet the battle than imperial win,game creator let me to command Protestants again,in the reason of "help the loser" why don't help the imperial when they lose?????.this is so mean to them!
And when you look at the other campaigns,only the 30-year war campaign was limited to only play on Protestant side ,all of others have battle on both side,this isn't a discrimination to the imperial????

Return to “Scenario Design”