Crash after Siege of Alesia

Post your Technical Support questions here. Requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Teutoburger_Lanser
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Crash after Siege of Alesia

Post by Teutoburger_Lanser »

The screen goes dark when starting the scenario after Siege of Alesia (scenario 61). The game has performed flawlessly up til now. Error data:
AppName: thcgbor.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: thcgbor.exe ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000183a4

I can provide the dump if necessary.

System Dell Dimension 3000 XP 2002 Home SP3 Ge Force4 MX 4000 128M
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sory you are having problems and thanks for the info but it's unlikely we can fix it unless we can repeat it here - the info doesn't really help. In addition this game is very old so we're not very likely to release any patches for it. Is the problem repeatable? Sometimes you'll be able to get passed it by just trying again?
pgeerkens
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pgeerkens »

I have played through both campaigns many times now, and hve encountered a crash once or twice. it seems to be some sort of memory leak, as it does not reoccur when I restart the game.
"Even on the attack, the spade is the equal of the rifle." Erwin Rommel
Caesar & "Marius' Mules" would agree.
Teutoburger_Lanser

I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and was able to finish the Celtic campaign in Britain. However, I then had to restart the campaigns from the beginning. It would be helpful to know the sequence of campaigns so one would know what to expect. Also the battles seem to descend into a sort of rugby scrum...where is the discipline and formations of the great Romae army?
pgeerkens

Post by pgeerkens »

I save after every battle, named with campaign, run number, battle number and XP. I can refight any i want to, or run through again.

The source of the great Roman discipline is you, the legate. Pull out formations that you wish to reserve, an extremely valuable tactic. Control when formations advance into battle.
"Even on the attack, the spade is the equal of the rifle." Erwin Rommel
Caesar & "Marius' Mules" would agree.
Teutoburger_Lanser

This would be well if the enemy did not have complete commend and control. The whole force moves together while the Roman command must go from unit to unit trying to get someone to move. Also the casualty and time objectives are ridiculous. Does anyone serious ly believe that any ancient army which had wrought twice or three times the casualties on their enemy that they suffered would stop? And those centurians with the Rolex watches...real parameters like morale, nightfall, and army cohesion would make this game more of a history game and less a fantasy game.

As Treischke said. "Wie es eigentlich gewesen!"

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL Great Battles of Rome : Tech Support”