Notes on gameplay mechanics

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Notes on gameplay mechanics

Post by Galdred »

Indeed, infantry dies too quickly now, especially guard infantry(but Space Marines without centurion or terminator armor don t last long either) as many weapons got more shots, and cover got toned down. That and act2 weapons are very strong against infantry. Terminators and centurions remain potent, but these are almost the only ones I consider buying now(cyclone terminators and grav dev centurions).
vadersson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by vadersson »

I think part of why you are seeing the tank army so effective is that the Ork AI is currently afraid to attack tanks much at all. If at all possible, they will attack infantry instead of a tank. Thus Infantry takes a massive amount of fire and dies quickly while the tanks rarely get shot at. At least that is what I am seeing a lot.

Thanks,
Duncan
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

so glad to see it's not just me then, as i was starting to think i was testing a different version to everyone else, ty both :wink:
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

vadersson wrote:I think part of why you are seeing the tank army so effective is that the Ork AI is currently afraid to attack tanks much at all. If at all possible, they will attack infantry instead of a tank. Thus Infantry takes a massive amount of fire and dies quickly while the tanks rarely get shot at. At least that is what I am seeing a lot.

Thanks,
Duncan
This too, but the game system makes it punishing to engage stronger units(your units will eat return fire without causing much damage). That could explain why the AI is so reluctant to engage units with defense >=90.
The only times my Titans/superheavies were attacked, it was by off sight artillery, when the AI desperately needed to take its victory hexes back, or by gargants/stompas. If it is too hard to make the AI engage superheavies+, just give it more gargants/stompas.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

- Units gain experience in combat and gain levels from 1 to 10. Every level is indicated by a skull in the UI. Experience makes units more accurate and harder to hit.

- Also, every unit has morale which is indicated by the color of its strength plate. Morale can be good (bright white), normal (gray), low (yellow) and broken (red). Units with low morale lose combat effectiveness and are easier to destroy.

does either of these apply to tanks????

as not seen it so far tbh, and as all my units are fresh bought one's, as each time a new mission, i always check for new stuff is out, and as some can't be upgraded, as when you try they are greyed out, i re buy newer ones again...

and not really seen, or been in a problem with either, so no lack of supply, no lack so far seen in morale, or tbh any real lost of shots so it seems just as accurate as well, or it may just be me and how i play....

never yet had a unit with more than 1 skull, and didn't really think any more or less of it, still sold it when a better unit became available...

don't really think i'm playing this the same as you lot are, as while you go for a balanced more real layout, i just go to win and do the mission, no matter how unreal the layout feels, did the same with Panzer core, and as this seems to be the same game with different units, the same rules seem to apply...

shame, as space could have been different, with vast orc hordes running wild, and not a few groups here and there acting dumb...

still enjoy it, still think it will do very well, but in equal measures to, the same feeling that it will also fill the forums on all 3 sites with moans once released, so thank god i'm not a forum mod on any.

still think steam will be your biggest heartache, as there users tend to moan the most and have the most post banned or closed...

so fingers crossed it all goes well for you, as today i re do act 3 again, all the way through, i would have liked the new ones being worked on to test, but will be fine with what i have, as i'm guessing it will be all done for before dinner today as it's short and easy as it is....

done and finished................

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”