The Bug Thread

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: The Bug Thread

Post by ThvN » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 pm

I missed the previous beta due to being busy, but I plowed through the latest version as long as I could. Nice intro, nice accents, no crashes, but some things don't work yet, unfortunately.

- In the options menu, I can't tick/untick the boxes (select/unselect green option markers).

- Cannot select Ork side in single scenario mode.

- Still having issues with upgrade buttons sometimes becoming grey. If I fiddle around in the purchase menu first or select other units, usually I can get around it.

- Hive turrets have no attack animation/sound.

- Ork units do not have movement sounds, and some Ork units seem to have no firing sound, like the Grot Bomb Launcha and Warbuggy with Rokkits. They do make impact sounds, however.

- On my system, the dialogue pop-ups are extremely narrow, see screenshot.

- Mission16 (Operation Audacity) scenario results in victory even though Gargant is still alive (hint: the relevant trigger mentions no specific 'Aux' unit).

- The text description of the tutorial and first campaign still has errors:

´A huge Space Hulk appears in Armageddon system. It is believed ininhabied, but Commissar Yarrick is alarmed by its presense and organizes training sessions in Steel Legion units to make sure they are ready for any emergency.´

should be ´uninhabited´ and ´presence´

´Despite Yarricks’s efforts, orks invasion of Armageddon takes imperial forces largely by surprise, and hive after hive falls in orks’ hands...´

´Ork´ and I assume Ork needs to be capitalized everywhere.
Attachments
Text_PopUp.jpg
Text_PopUp.jpg (111.73 KiB) Viewed 3442 times

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I checked your hint, it's not right.

Orks not being playable in single scenario mode is intended. They are campaign scenarios, they were never meant to support playing as the AI side.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 am

so why be there at all, but greyed out?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 am

zakblood_slith wrote:so why be there at all, but greyed out?
To give you an idea what sides participate in the scenaio. :)

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:50 am

since it's always the same, seemed a bit strange to me, but thanks for the reply anyway, just thought the Orc's could be played on release maybe, as i did wonder why they hadn't been tested that's all, wouldn't be hard to flip the switch so both could be?

:wink:

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 am

Campaign scenarios are not designed to be played from orks perspective. There are many reasons for that. On one hand, the AI does not know how to achieve more complex objectives in many scenarios. On the other hand, human player will not obey the triggers and behavior patterns configured for the AI, and this will make all campaign scens heavily unbalanced in orks' favor. So no, playing these scenarios for orks is not an option. In the future we will provide content specifically designed to play from their perspective.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:31 am

ok ty again :wink:

caca
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by caca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:05 pm

I do not know to write or not to write... Kerensky again say "everything is working correctly". :wink:
Battle on the Diabolus
As in the beta 4, after 9 turn nobody attacked. Again Orcs stuck in zone 1. 8)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:25 pm

ThvN wrote:I missed the previous beta due to being busy, but I plowed through the latest version as long as I could. Nice intro, nice accents, no crashes, but some things don't work yet, unfortunately.
Thanks Thomas. Some great catches there, thus I did not notice checkboxes did not work on 1280x1024 (work fine on wide resolutions). Will fix. But I think, overall the game is in a pretty good shape on "square" monitors now. :)
ThvN wrote: - Ork units do not have movement sounds, and some Ork units seem to have no firing sound, like the Grot Bomb Launcha and Warbuggy with Rokkits. They do make impact sounds, however.
Are you saying that ALL ork units do not have sounds, or just some of them?

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:27 pm

caca wrote:I do not know to write or not to write... Kerensky again say "everything is working correctly". :wink:
Write everything you spot, and we'll see if it works as intended or not. :)

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Definitely report all suspected issues, but yes I already answered this with an image response too. Even if what you encountered was true though, it still does not harm the integrity of the scenario. Probably one of the most important ways to handle defensive scenarios is that you aren't really ever supposed to clear the map of all enemies (at least not without major difficulty mode reduction or flat out cheating, can't do much about that). The final wave should always 'linger' when you review the battlefield. This helps underline when the lore tells you to 'fall back' because otherwise it seems odd to retreat from no enemies remaining. :)

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Rudankort wrote:I think, overall the game is in a pretty good shape on "square" monitors now. :)
Yes indeed! :) The only strange problem I still have: the scrolling issue when I have two monitors connected. Oh, and my squares will stay for the forseeable future, as my 'new PC budget' got reallocated last week due to some setbacks...
Are you saying that ALL ork units do not have sounds, or just some of them?
Units that are moved by the AI in its own turn make no sound when moving, only when firing. So firing sounds work fine, but I just can't ever hear them move, only my own unit make movement sounds.

Well, now that I think of it, it might be intentional, I just think it is a little odd the AI moves silently? I can never hear the movement sounds of the AI units in their turn, unlike in PzC. It is not the units themselves I guess: When I use Hive Militia in my core, I can hear them walking when I move them. When the AI has them and takes its turn all its units move silently, even though it has units that have sound when I use them. Firing/impact sounds work OK in both turns.

More detail on the missing attack sound of the Warbuggy/Rokkit launcher:

There are a few units which have attack animation, but are soundless when firing. For example the Rokkits, I checked and there is a .wav file called 'rokkit_launcha', is that supposed to be playing while it fires? I did some digging, and in the file 'attack.whdat', some weapons have empty entries for sound files:

long_las_sniper (Ratlings)
ork_missile (Ork Rokkits?)
ripper_gun (Ogryns)

caca
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by caca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:38 pm

If it is too late, remove 1 January 1938 of the saves. :D

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 pm

caca wrote:If it is too late, remove 1 January 1938 of the saves. :D
Not sure I understood this one.

caca
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by caca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Rudankort wrote:
caca wrote:If it is too late, remove 1 January 1938 of the saves. :D
Not sure I understood this one.
Open a notepad the save game, and there is often found that date.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Death Mire Tutorial 3, January 1, 1938 Unit commissioned etc etc, he was being funny :wink:

also in the doc folder is a folder called log's, it seems to keep a log of every fight you have had, with every unit in the game, atm mine is 5000+ big and growing, and i uninstalled and reinstalled RC1 once already and cleared this folder, so doesn't it ever get deleted or cleaned?

it's not big, only 4 or nearly 5mb in size

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Combat logs are beta only, they will not appear in the release.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:07 pm

and the dates commissioned in etc are a throw back to the last game i think he means, so maybe alter to the real universe time maybe?

bech1303
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by bech1303 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:03 am

I know it is a late one, but when asked to type commanders name... only the first name will have a Capital letter.

caca
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by caca » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 am

Numbers of all units of the nucleus is always # 1.
1.jpg
1.jpg (5.29 KiB) Viewed 3364 times

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”