Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Wish list for future fixes after 1.0 release

Post by zakblood »

a random mission generator... :idea:

skirmish mode... :idea:

Ranges of fire should be marked on hexes. :idea:

Perks from terrain aren't shown or easy to display / read :idea:

better engine so graphics can be updated to look like a more modern game... :idea:

mission packs, DLC, addon's etc... :idea:

more background story, so for none war hammer player who may wish to buy a guide on what or who is who etc? :idea:

a report screen would be nice as after each round you have no idea unless you watched it all as to what happened, as i tend to go off and make a drink, loo breaks or do my moves on another test, as i always have more than one going at once...

any unit who should have better or more correct equipment in game to receive the upgrade, including Jetpacks :idea:

end of battle report to upload and share would also be in my wish list kind of a high score per battle thing, like ranking, who's the best Orc killer this month and also list units that do it, so a infantry only battle doesn't have to compete with my play / test style and go up against all tanks... :idea:

example like the ones the game already does :idea:
idea.jpg
idea.jpg (171.04 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
updated and edited today as most have be already added in RC
Last edited by zakblood on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Wish list for future fixes after 1.0 release

Post by Galdred »

Less passive AI(as I said a few spotting 3 or 4 more units here and there would do the trick. The AI is reasonable once it has spotted something to fire at) and objective display definitely before 1.0.

After 1.0, I hope for mod support, several difficulty modes and a more flexible engine.

Engine improvement : separate transport units for Land Raider or thunderhawk or even better, dual profiles in a squad(eg 4 missile launchers, 6 marines with bolter).
Features : I want to have deep strike in, rules for jet packs, traits for experienced units all panzer corps and rites of war.

Concerning DLC, I would like a DLC with all the Titans (including emperor class Titans). Skirmish mode and random mission generator would be great additions. Limit on super heavy and Titans sound reasonable.

I think the campaign of Final Liberation was better exposed : it was easier to follow how the war was progressing, not only because of the cinematics, but mostly thanks to the overview map. I wish later games feature a strategic view all Final Liberation. I find it better to give context than a story heavy campaign.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

well thanks for the feedback and reply, but as 80% went over my head, i'm sorry i have no idea what most of it means, sorry

i'm new to the universe of war hammer games, so it all seems strange to me....

titans are those massive thing in mentioned in the video, but are the same size ingame as humans? ok

orc's also should be massive and larger than humans, but again ingame are same scale? ok

i can live with that.

i understand what a jetpack is, but not the ingame concept or use or need for it...

deep strike means to me a behind the scene deep attack, so must mean something else here?

traits for experienced units all panzer corps and rites of war, is this the same engine as panzer corps then? if so i didn't know that either if it is....

separate transport units for Land Raider or thunderhawk or even better, dual profiles in a squad(eg 4 missile launchers, 6 marines with bolter) (no idea you lost me here) but not for the first time either.... sorry

Titans (including emperor class Titans) again same answer as above :oops:
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

The game representation is abstracted indeed, making gargants and Titans smaller compared to infantry.
Some units have jet packs in the game (assault marines and Vanguard veterans),but these do nothing at all : they cannot cross rivers or jump on cliffs, they need to find a ford or a ramp like every other infantry, so the jet pack is just there for decoration. I wish these units had a purpose.
Deep strike : there were some transports for dropping units from orbit(deep strike), like drop pods, but they were removed (never saw them Work as I didn't get far enough in the campaign before they got axed).
The dual profile would be so that the game could assume not everyone in an unit carry the same weapon, so that marines with a graviton gun do not get both weapons, but instead have some troopers equipped with a weapon, and some other with another, and for transports, the idea would be to have the unit be composed of troopers AND their transports(while you currently have either the troopers OR the transports, but never the troopers supported by the transports, which magically disappear when the soldiers are disembarked): that is why the land raider tank cannot act as a transport there(it is supposed to carry 12 soldiers), as no one would ever want to unload the troopers inside and make the Land raiders disappear.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

now i understood more of that and it makes more sense, but from what i understand,

and it's pretty basic stuff and maybe wrong so please don't quote me,

size is hard to do regarding tanks and titans and orc's to represent in game, so it's more of a poetic licence than true scale shown etc, so in other words you know they are bigger so just have to imagine it as it can't be shown with maybe engine used...

but for a answer for jetpacks, well that's a totally different thing altogether, as for me there is no reason why they could have been coded / scripted in, well none that i can think of, so add it to the list of post fixes for now then, as it's doable in my eyes...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

updated, so bumped 8)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

updated again and anything already in RC has been deleted...

bumped :wink:

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”