Collection of issues

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Collection of issues

Post by fsx »

I will try to collect the issues from the forum. In this post.
If some of them fixed, please change my post. I hope, Alex, Kerensky, Iain.. have administrator rights.

Version 1.03
Jan 13th

Crashes, freezes

B. Repeatable-------: Crash bug when deleting saved games viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54824
B. Reported---------: MP dont start after 1.02 patch viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54824

C. Reported---------: MP game, error message viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54659
C. Reported---------: OS: 32-bit XP viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54365
C. Reported---------: Garbled terrain and unit graphics viewtopic.php?f=324&t=55032

could be a hardware / driver problem:
A. Reported-----------: crash at start of the game after patch 1.02 (steam) viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54803
A. Logs & Screenshot: crash at a battle viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54548#p510232
A. same as above?---: viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54716

not happened again:
A. Reported-----------: crash in turn 15 "Final stand.." as ork attacks viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54454

Work around: crash at the start (folder name) viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54450
Done: game freezes at the grid switch from none to soft after patch 1.02 viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54798
Done: not able to load a game viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54726&p=511230#p511230
Done: crash after loading a game viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54726

bugs

A. Reported---------: Ork units with strenght 0 or < 0 viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54722

B. Reported---------: MP game Option show opponents move dont work viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54530
B. Reported---------: no deploy turn after "Shuttle rescue" viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54426

C. Repeatable-------: icons in UI (left lower corner) flickers when orks starts her turn

Z. .....................: Old bug with the inability to upgrade, because the gray button viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54831&p=511648#p511648
Z. .....................: Old bug. You can replacement the unit and do not lose experience if not enough points requisition. viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54831&p=511648#p511648

Done: landing pod strenght is 0 after turn 14 viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54782
Done: range 48 & accuracy 85% bug viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54838
Done: passive AI when it not spotting an enemy viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54442#p510008
Done: transport vs. unit strenght after scenario ends viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54799
Done: sometimes: loss information showed (strength bar flickers), also when no target is selected
new feature..: hotseat bug - not a bug, it would be a new feature viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54911
program dont run without steam client: error when steam client not run (or virtual drive) viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54382

scenario issues

C. Repeatable-------: Strange hex (14.3) in the scenario 1A viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54831&p=511648#p511648
C. Reported.........: Final Stand at Archeron: scenario ends to early in case of holding all VH before reinforcements arrives. viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54875&p=511629#p511590

C. Suggestion-------: Obedience to Orders: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (capturing VH with core units, loosing the Steelhammer) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Relief Operation: # of core unts to small (player has Captain Tycho from previous scenario as core)
C. Suggestion-------: Seeking Yarrick: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (Yarrick could die and the player wins) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Final Stand at Archeron: randomized position of Captain Tycho (core) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003

much better, but not perfect as it could be: Shuttle Search: randomized selection of "found survivor" hexes dont work proper viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
Done: Final Stand at Archeron: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (# of hold VH) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003

I tried to rework some scenarios (version 1.02) (not Slitherine official) at
viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p511638

.. next Patch ??-----: Defending Mios Crossing: Problem when changing VH in turn 7 viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54844#p511454 - It looks like, the scenario messages will been changed in the next patch

units & weapons

C. Repeatable-??----: LR Annihilator viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54831#p511378
C. Repeatable-------: Warboss not shows damage in battle preview viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54831&p=511648#p511648

.. next Patch--------: Venerable Dreadnoughts have gained the Leadership trait, increased stats, and increased prices viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54928&sid=89bf334 ... 8e#p512047
Last edited by fsx on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 23 times in total.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Collection of issues

Post by FroBodine »

Great summary. You forgot about the crash bug when you delete all your saved games.
Falke_MatrixForum
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Falke_MatrixForum »

There is an issue with the LR Annihilator. All 3 Weapons have 85 Accuracy in the purchase Screen and the same range modifier.

In the combat estimation the "2 Lascannons" have a lower accuracy than the other 2 weapons (These 2 are identical)
Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aekar »

Please add these three :

1. Wrong displayed range (melee weapons)

Melee weapons display a range of 48 instead of their 0-0 range.

How to reproduce:
Click on roster, select a unit with a melee weapon (like the Commad Infantry of Steel Legion), and look at the range displayed (48).

2. Wrong "85" accuracy of weapons is displayed

All weapons display a 85 accuracy whereas another accuracy is used by the game.

How to reproduce:
Click on roster, then select any unit.
The real accuracy of their weapons is 100 in the game files, but an accuracy of 85 is displayed.
In my mod, I have other weapons with a 50 % accuracy and I confirm that the comat predictions and casualties use the real values, and not the roster displayed values.
This makes the roster wrong in the vanilla campaigns, and useless in my mod for selecting units, so is a big problem.

3. Wrong combat predictions: some weapons are not displayed

On the combat prediction UI, transport vehicles may display the combat predictions of other weapons.
It seems that they display the combat prediction of the unit they carry, instead of their weapons.

Suppose I have a unit with Cannon A.
And its transport with Cannon B.

The combat prediction UI shows the prediction with Cannon A (Cannon B isn't even displayed).
But in the results, range and casualties, the game does use the Cannon B( as required), thus making the combat prediction completely wrong.

EDIT:
This one is harder to reproduce.
It only happens to me with some units of the Infantry roster, not all.
Seems to happen oly with Infantries with " weapon ....
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Can you provide a screenshot of that third item you mentioned, infantry transport displaying infantry weapons when transports are active?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

fsx wrote:B. Repeatable......: Defending Mios Crossing: Problem when changing VH in turn 7 viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54844#p511454
C. Suggestion-------: Shuttle Search: randomized selection of "found survivor" hexes dont work proper viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Obedience to Orders: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (capturing VH with core units, loosing the Steelhammer) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Final Stand at Archeron: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (# of hold VH), randomized position of Captain Tycho (core) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Relief Operation: # of core unts to small (player has Captain Tycho from previous scenario as core)
C. Suggestion-------: Seeking Yarrick: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (Yarrick could die and the player wins) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
Let's see if we can't straighten these out.

1. http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 44#p511552
2. I haven't had any issue with completing this scenario, nor have I seen any reports? Granted the text is a little vague, so we do have an improvement lined up there.
3. Explained already, you should stop looking at triggers and look at the whole lore picture. http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=321&t=54222
4. Tycho is a unit that joins the player force as a permanent addition, it's a reward for playing through all of Act1 and not jumping immediately to act2. :mrgreen:
5. Scen12 has 20 slots, scen13 has 20 slots... doesn't seem too small to me. Scen12 is a pretty rough scenario where players typically lose a few units(I always do!), and Scen13 introduces the Space Marines, so it's a good time to shake up the player's CORE force. Of course 'shake up' does not mean 'inflate' though. ;)
6. Well this is a bit of sticky one, because like Steel Hammer, Yarrick's defeat is actually also a valid conclusion. There was a plan for a variable system to track campaign variables, and if you didn't rescue Yarrick, it would have an impact going into the future instead of handing the player instant defeat. In case this comes to pass, we felt it better to leave this scenario intact. :D
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Discussion about scenario objectives at: viewtopic.php?f=324&t=54873

My conclusion why I suggest scenario changes:
I think, it would be better for the game athmosphere when the player understand, why something happens.
I am not familiar with a game when I often ask myself "Why does it happened?" "I expected another reaction from the game."
I asked me "Why did I win? I disobeyed orders!" Or "Why I win, but Yarrick dies? It was my mission to rescue him." Or "Why are 5 victory hexes (VH) enought? The briefing told me to hold 6."
I always encounter such questions. They break my gameplay.
And for the game athmosphere more ingame messages would be nice. it would provide more Immersion - as you replied in a post. :D
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

fsx, add
1. Strange hex (14.3) in the scenario 1A

2. The strip hit points for Warboss not correctly displays the number of the unit. No flashing damage.

3. Old bug with the inability to upgrade, because the gray button ......

4. Old bug. You can replacement the unit and do not lose experience if not enough points requisition.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Thanks to all players for reported bugs!
As you see, the new patch fixes many of these issues.
Especially these, which could been repeated. If you spot an error, please make a screenshot, upload the last savegame and try to remember your last actions. That is very helpful.
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

I doubt that it's true. :wink:
Done: Final Stand at Archeron: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (# of hold VH) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
And here's why.
I won here in this configuration, the Victory Hex. :D

I hold only 4 victory hexes! But I got the win! :mrgreen:
There was a case of the tutorial message
IDS_TUTORIAL_ALL_VH_CAPTURED You have captured all the victory hexes! Your opponent gets one chance to capture them back so to win the scenario you need to hold them through your opponent's turn.
In order to have everything correctly, you should instead Victory Conditions

do it like this

Or change the trigger

PS. fsx, and I'm not sure in this statement
Done: transport vs. unit strenght after scenario ends viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54799
Done: sometimes: loss information showed (strength bar flickers), also when no target is selected
:D
Karlgustav
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Karlgustav »

There are 2 bugs concerning infantry in Chimeras.

1.) If you end a mission with infantry sitting inside their Chimeras, they will LOOSE about HALF THEIR EXPERIENCE !
I experienced this bug after mission "Pre-emptive Strike", when 2 Infantry-units finished the mission inside Chimeras in the zone on the eastern map edge (lost half their EXP),
and 1 Infantry-unit finished inside its Chimera on a normal hex (LOST HALF of EXP also!). When I loaded again and had them walk on foot, no EXP was lost at all.
UGLY BUG :(

2.) When you have an infantry mount Chimeras (without moving it at all), then shoot at an enemy unit in range (both units take damage), and then unmount your infantry again (possible, as there is still movement possible), any damage on your
unit's Chimeras will be gone (you can see this if you press the mount-button once more).
I cannot say whether this refers to LOST Chimeras, too: I experienced it only once, one Chimera did get damaged, not destroyed.
I suggest making it like in Panzer Corps: If a Chimera shoots, unmounting becomes impossible for this turn, while moving is of course still possible. The way it is NOW, you can simply overextend infantry range to 3.
However, the damage to Chimeras should be saved independendly from the damage to the men!
MINOR BUG
kcoobler

Post by kcoobler »

caca wrote:fsx, add
1. Strange hex (14.3) in the scenario 1A

2. The strip hit points for Warboss not correctly displays the number of the unit. No flashing damage.

3. Old bug with the inability to upgrade, because the gray button ......

4. Old bug. You can replacement the unit and do not lose experience if not enough points requisition.
The issue with the Warboss isn't actually an issue. It doesn't display the damage of hit points taken but only the damage in the units strength on the bar. You need to do more damage.
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

kcoobler wrote: The issue with the Warboss isn't actually an issue. It doesn't display the damage of hit points taken but only the damage in the units strength on the bar. You need to do more damage.
In fact, not properly display parameters are confusing. :D
On the difficulty hard and very hard these strips is always not correct. :wink:
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Karlgustav wrote:There are 2 bugs concerning infantry in Chimeras.

1.) If you end a mission with infantry sitting inside their Chimeras, they will LOOSE about HALF THEIR EXPERIENCE !

2.) When you have an infantry mount Chimeras (without moving it at all), then shoot at an enemy unit in range (both units take damage), and then unmount your infantry again (possible, as there is still movement possible), any damage on your
There is third issue: If you play very hard, your Steel Legion Mortar Support consisted from 20 units, could be load in Chimera (Chimera's strength became 7), and if you finish mission with your 20units in Chimera, in the next mission will be transported only 7 units of Mortar Support, not 20!
Nustad
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Nustad »

Karlgustav wrote:There are 2 bugs concerning infantry in Chimeras.

I experienced this bug after mission "Pre-emptive Strike", when 2 Infantry-units finished the mission inside Chimeras in the zone on the eastern map edge (lost half their EXP),
and 1 Infantry-unit finished inside its Chimera on a normal hex (LOST HALF of EXP also!). When I loaded again and had them walk on foot, no EXP was lost at all.
UGLY BUG :(

unit's Chimeras will be gone (you can see this if you press the mount-button once more).
I cannot say whether this refers to LOST Chimeras, too: I experienced it only once, one Chimera did get damaged, not destroyed.
I suggest making it like in Panzer Corps: If a Chimera shoots, unmounting becomes impossible for this turn, while moving is of course still possible. The way it is NOW, you can simply overextend infantry range to 3.
However, the damage to Chimeras should be saved independendly from the damage to the men!
MINOR BUG
I can confirm that UGLY BUG 1 is still present as of version 1.08
Aekar

Post by Aekar »

That one was observed in my current games in 2018.
Was testing balance on scenarios, and it breaks off balance.
Players could use their chimeras to take hits and then have their Chimera health regenerated to full at every turn.

To reproduce:
a) recruit an infantry with transport Chimera. (was at Deploy phase)
b) move around using the Chimera transport; put yourself in front of enemy for instance.
c) get some wounds during AI turn.
d) At your turn, your infantry will be displayed back not in transport-mode, but if you click on 'transport' again your Chimeras are back at full health.

Return to “Tech Support”