I dont agree with some of your answers, Kerensky!
At first, my thoughts are similar to:
or better: accuracy gives more Immersion. Or if you prefer Immersion, change the Messages and explain in the mission, WHY something (unexpected) happens.lancerunolfsson wrote:I guess I just prefer accuracy over immersion.
I think, it would be better for the game athmosphere when the player understand, why something happens.
I am not familiar with a game when I often ask myself "Why does it happened?" "I expected another reaction from the game."
I asked me "Why did I win? I disobeyed orders!" Or "Why I win, but Yarrick dies? It was my mission to rescue him." Or "Why are 5 victory hexes (VH) enought? The briefing told me to hold 6."
I always encounter such questions. They break my gameplay.
I suggest to change the scenarios (triggers, win conditions, more feedback) or to change the objectives or to explain why something happens that not fit with the mission objectives or players expextations.
And for the game athmosphere more ingame messages would be nice. It would provide more Immersion - as you replied in a post. Because the game respond to my action. I receive feedback.
What would you think about: You turn a wheel left and your car turns right? I would think someting is wrong.
I suggest small changes in scenarios.
If you are afraid that these changes could trigger errors or breaking the balance, let me change these scenarios and I will provide the changed scenarios (like a Mod).
Kerensky wrote:Let's see if we can't straighten these out.fsx wrote:B. Repeatable......: Defending Mios Crossing: Problem when changing VH in turn 7 viewtopic.php?f=235&t=54844#p511454
C. Suggestion-------: Shuttle Search: randomized selection of "found survivor" hexes dont work proper viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Obedience to Orders: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (capturing VH with core units, loosing the Steelhammer) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Final Stand at Archeron: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (# of hold VH), randomized position of Captain Tycho (core) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
C. Suggestion-------: Relief Operation: # of core unts to small (player has Captain Tycho from previous scenario as core)
C. Suggestion-------: Seeking Yarrick: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (Yarrick could die and the player wins) viewtopic.php?f=326&t=54672#p510003
1. http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 44#p511552
2. I haven't had any issue with completing this scenario, nor have I seen any reports? Granted the text is a little vague, so we do have an improvement lined up there.
3. Explained already, you should stop looking at triggers and look at the whole lore picture. http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=321&t=54222
4. Tycho is a unit that joins the player force as a permanent addition, it's a reward for playing through all of Act1 and not jumping immediately to act2.
5. Scen12 has 20 slots, scen13 has 20 slots... doesn't seem too small to me. Scen12 is a pretty rough scenario where players typically lose a few units(I always do!), and Scen13 introduces the Space Marines, so it's a good time to shake up the player's CORE force. Of course 'shake up' does not mean 'inflate' though.
6. Well this is a bit of sticky one, because like Steel Hammer, Yarrick's defeat is actually also a valid conclusion. There was a plan for a variable system to track campaign variables, and if you didn't rescue Yarrick, it would have an impact going into the future instead of handing the player instant defeat. In case this comes to pass, we felt it better to leave this scenario intact.
Obedience to Orders: victory conditions dont fit with mission objectives (capturing VH with core units, loosing the Steelhammer)
In the 1.02 patch you added a message as I suggested in the beta. Now its clear to go ahead with Steelhammer to the victory hex.
I win the scenario in this way:
Mission objectives: I disband the Steelhammer I win the Scenario At my point of view: It does not fit with the Scenario objectives!