Game won't start

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

bgb5001
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game won't start

Post by bgb5001 »

Hi all,

I purchased this game a few weeks ago and it always ran ok until last night. After restarting my PC the game would no longer start. I've tried launching the game directly from the .exe file, and also tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the game in a different location as suggested in other threads. When I try to start the game, I briefly see a "loading wheel" spinning, then it goes away and nothing happens. I can also see the WH40k application running in my task manager, but the game does not launch. If I try starting the game again, it creates another task, and so on. This forum won't let me upload .TXT files, so I've pasted my log and error files below. Please help!

VER:1
PLATFORM: WINDOWS
CPU String: GenuineIntel
Stepping ID = 7
Model = 10
Family = 6
Extended model = 2
CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
APIC Physical ID = 2
CPU Brand String: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Cache Size = 256K

ERROR: Could not open campaign file: ''
CHECK FAILED in file '..\..\Sources\ArmageddonGame\AI.cpp', line 1301. LastError: 5
CHECK FAILED in file '..\..\Sources\ArmageddonGame\AI.cpp', line 754. LastError: 0
CHECK FAILED in file '..\..\Sources\ArmageddonGame\AI.cpp', line 1301. LastError: 183
CHECK FAILED in file '..\..\Sources\ArmageddonGame\AI.cpp', line 754. LastError: 0
CHECK FAILED in file '..\..\Sources\ArmageddonGame\AI.cpp', line 1301. LastError: 183
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Game won't start

Post by VPaulus »

Please open your Documents\My Games\Folder and rename the folder named Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon.
Start the game and check if the issue persists.
bgb5001

Re: Game won't start

Post by bgb5001 »

That worked! Thanks!

Also, fyi, I was able to recover my campaign by copying the WHSAV file from the old folder structure and placing it in the new SAVE folder.

Return to “Tech Support”