This game is causing font problems for my computer.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Jh316
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

This game is causing font problems for my computer.

Post by Jh316 »

After I installed it and restarted, some of my fonts have stopped working properly. On several websites everything is bolded. I'm unable to patch fully because the caslon antique fonts are said to be in use by system, and so they can't be deleted or overwritten by the patcher. I'm using windows 7, collectors edition.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: This game is causing font problems for my computer.

Post by zakblood »

this sounds more like a permissions or anti virus issue than a program one, as once a game is closed, anything in use isn't loaded.

a file the game uses and loads, won't be in use after the game has closed, so if anything says it's used, then something else is causing the issue, a report may give more of an idea, but also if your not using the latest game version, this also could be causing an issue, all files needs to be run from a admin account, with permissions given to run, so if you have a 3rd party anti virus and or firewall that's none default eg a addon to windows, this also needs to either be disabled on installing any game, or the game exe or game install folder and files need adding to the safe list of the program in use, then there won't be an issue or conflict.

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

Return to “Tech Support”