The Battle of the Bulge Spring Clash Tournament has begun!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Re: The Battle of the Bulge Spring Clash Tournament has begu

Post by Gerifonte »

uoooHHHH!!!!!! My game with several rounds (60) like German against Capotehas disappeared!

First continue the game sent by Capote, but it was very rare since it allowed me as a German to assign the replacement to allied units an the turn.And the game put that it was the allied turn. I left the game to think that it should be a mistake and when giving you refresh games our game disappeared! Only the repeated ones that we were not playing!.what happened?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

I think it's fair to say that something has gone horribly wrong with Round 3!

We'll have our engineer take a look at it when he's in the office tomorrow morning. Sorry for the issues!
Beemerhead19
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Beemerhead19 »

Huragan and I have four games going, as well. I rather like it but wonder how the scoring will go. Will be worth double points?
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

I personally do not mind the 4 games, as it balances out the wildly varying (lucky or unlucky) RND seed you may be stuck with. Thus by averaging 2 games, you reduce the lucky factor and increase the strategy factor.

PS, in one of my games a glitch has occurred where a clearly cut off German unit did not go into the first phase of unsupplied and is able to move during my opponents turn (Napoleon's luck is holding)
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Yeah, you two seem to have fully leaned into the 4 game challenge, so I've asked for all 4 games to be left running, but we'll only count one pair for the final scores.

For the other matches, we'll be removing the match with the least turns played for each pairing

Thanks
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

OK... so how are you determining the pair that you will count for the final score? Will it be his and mine best Axis score?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

From the back end, we can see that the games ended up being set up as two batches of games. We're going to disconnect one set of games from the tournament.

We're doing this consistently, without fear nor favour, so I can't guarantee which of you will come out of this better....
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

Shards wrote:From the back end, we can see that the games ended up being set up as two batches of games. We're going to disconnect one set of games from the tournament.

We're doing this consistently, without fear nor favour, so I can't guarantee which of you will come out of this better....
OK, so I just got screwed. As I mentioned in my earlier post, before the disconnect was performed, I managed to complete my Axis game with an early win. URL links included below

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =912316306
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =912316475

What happens to the points of that game (for which I imagine I got the maximum 20 points)? Shouldn't they count instead of the game that is still being conducted... and instead my current Axis game should be disconnected?!?
Last edited by Huragan on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

This is now updated!

Capote is currently sitting pretty and it's going to take a pretty amazing turn-around for Huragan or Napoleon to knock them off their perch!

@SMSDIGITAL, the system somehow set you up with 4 games, all against yourself... that would have been a challenge!! As it turns out, with TokyoDan having left the competition in round 2, you had been awarded a BYE for this round and should have received the default score of 15 points for each game. The table has now been updated to reflect this

Thanks!
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi Huragan,

Sadly that game was in the error batch that had to be disconnected from the tournament. I can only offer my sincere congratulations on taking that win, but those set of games should never have been a part of the tournament.

This is Alberto's tournament though. He'll be back from his break on Wednesday and we'll discuss how this SNAFU should be most amicably resolved

Thanks,
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

Shards wrote:Hi,

This is now updated!

Capote is currently sitting pretty and it's going to take a pretty amazing turn-around for Huragan or Napoleon to knock them off their perch!
Shards... forgive my thickness... how has the score been updated. I am still playing 2 active games, and my score does not reflect the early Axis win I spoke about. Can you please confirm that this is the way forward or adjust the score accordingly and disconnect my Axis game.

Thanks
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

Thanks, these non-real time updates are a pain :)
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

Hi,

That is, that the game that I was German against Capote (60 turns) has been lost irretrievably?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

HI Gerifonte,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. From what I can see of the data, you won one game in 123 turns and Capote won the other in 62 turns?
Capote
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Capote »

Shards wrote:HI Gerifonte,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. From what I can see of the data, you won one game in 123 turns and Capote won the other in 62 turns?
Shards, please, look at the last turn of the second game, Gerifonte (axis) and me (allies). That turn was... a bit strange.
Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

Shards wrote:HI Gerifonte,

My game with several rounds (60) like German against Capote has disappeared!

First continue the game sent by Capote, but it was very rare since it allowed me as a German to assign the replacement to allied units an the turn.And the game put that it was the allied turn. I left the game to think that it should be a mistake and when giving you refresh games our game disappeared! Only the repeated ones that we were not playing!.what happened?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi Both,

According to the system, those two games are both Complete, which is why they're not in your games list any more. Are you both saying that they bugged out and should not have been completed?

If you both agree, I can try to get the round reset for you both, but I obviously need both of you to agree to that

Thanks,
Capote
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Capote »

Shards wrote:Hi Both,

According to the system, those two games are both Complete, which is why they're not in your games list any more. Are you both saying that they bugged out and should not have been completed?

If you both agree, I can try to get the round reset for you both, but I obviously need both of you to agree to that

Thanks,
Round reset? Only the second game was "bugged".
That game abruptly ends with 64 point for axis. When the score was only 35 for axis in this round (day 22)

Gerifonte
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Post by Gerifonte »

Capote wrote:
Shards wrote:Hi Both,

Thanks,
Round reset? Only the second game was "bugged".
That game abruptly ends with 64 point for axis. When the score was only 35 for axis in this round (day 22)

Those 17 points of strength that I have in Morville give me 17 victory points for crossing the Mosa? If so, then the game would be correct.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi!

**edit**
I went and read the rules!
"* 1 VP for each Axis strength point that is in
supply in an Axis-controlled space west of the
Meuse River at the end of each day."

So that would be 17 extra VP on that day, which could well have been enough to push you over the 60 point threshold for Day 22. It should be a 17-3 victory.

I've asked the developers to take a look at this thread and these screenshots and we'll check.

Can I ask, how did the other game finish? What day?

Thanks for reporting things so diligently!

Return to “News & Announcements”