Possible TCP/IP game loading save game bug

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Possible TCP/IP game loading save game bug

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

My gaming friend and I finally managed to connect to each other using TCP/IP. So far so good. I'm hosting the game and save after my moves every turn. We managed to get to maybe December 1939 before we stopped. Now we wanted to start again and load the save game, but I think we have found a bug.

I start by selecting Load Multiplayer and click on TCP/IP. Now I was expecting to get a load game dialog box where I can select my save game before I get a chance to host the game and my gaming friend can join. But instead I go directly to the same dialog box as when I clicked New Multiplayer TCP/IP. I got the dialog box where I can click on host, select options and select scenario.

When I clicked on Host my gaming friend clicked on Join and the spinning circle appeared. After some time we connected, but the game was back to September 1st 1939 and we never got a question to load our save game. I clicked End game and tried again, but the same sequence happened again. So it seems there is no way we can load a TCP/IP save game.

Are we doing something wrong or is this a bug? We are both using v1.02. I have no problems loading save games for Hotseat and PBEM. It's only TCP/IP that works differently. Shouldn't I as the host be able to select the save game before it starts to connect.

Edit: I noticed I saw my save games when I clicked the 1939 scenario button in the first window after I click Load Multiplayer TCP/IP. I will try to connect this way and hope it works. But it's not very intuitive to click the scenario button to load a saved game. Maybe it should be named Load game when you select Load Multiplayer TCP/IP?

Edit 2: Clicking on the scenario button managed to load the save game correctly and we ended up in at the right time. So this works. But it's maybe not very intuitive for players that for TCP/IP games the scenario button works as a load save game when you select Load Multiplayer TCP/IP. Is it possible to change for patch v1.03 so you go directly to the dialog box for loading games when you select Load Multiplayer TCP/IP?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ok, we'll see what we can do.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”