Possible bug: Replacements

blahblah3502
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Possible bug: Replacements

Post by blahblah3502 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks for the wonderful game. it looks really polished and I love the amount of thought and expertise that has gone into the game design.

I've only noticed a couple of issues in the the first playthrough or two - one is minor (the history articles ( a great idea; I have fond memories of Patton Strikes Back and this reminded me of them) need cleanup - mentions of Hitler appear to have replaced by the German High Command in parts for instance), the other is more serious (unless I've been clumsy on my part or overlooked something).
I was in a situation (playing Allied) where I had 1 armor replacement and 1 infantry replacement point to distribute. I could distribute the armor point but I had no damaged infantry units. So I couldn't distribute the infantry point - and the game wouldn't let me commit and continue!

jeffd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Possible bug: Replacements

Post by jeffd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

The references to Hitler had to be taken out at the last minute after concerns were raised about our compliance with German laws forbidding Nazi symbols, etc. We're working to resolve those concerns and hope to issue a revised version of the history section, but ultimately we decided to take them out and fight that battle later rather than delaying launch.

As for the Replacements bug, thanks for the note. We'll look into it. It may take some time as we're still tied up with launch events.

daviddunham
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by daviddunham » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 am

blahblah3502 wrote:I was in a situation (playing Allied) where I had 1 armor replacement and 1 infantry replacement point to distribute. I could distribute the armor point but I had no damaged infantry units. So I couldn't distribute the infantry point - and the game wouldn't let me commit and continue!
Hopefully that won’t happen again, but if so, it’s the sort of thing best reported from within the game: tap-tap-hold on the dials under Undo, and send a bug report (with a saved game that should allow us to reproduce it).

blahblah3502
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by blahblah3502 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 am

daviddunham wrote:
blahblah3502 wrote:I was in a situation (playing Allied) where I had 1 armor replacement and 1 infantry replacement point to distribute. I could distribute the armor point but I had no damaged infantry units. So I couldn't distribute the infantry point - and the game wouldn't let me commit and continue!
Hopefully that won’t happen again, but if so, it’s the sort of thing best reported from within the game: tap-tap-hold on the dials under Undo, and send a bug report (with a saved game that should allow us to reproduce it).
Great! thanks for the bug reporting tip. I'll check that out. Thanks to Jeff too
(I'm a big KoDP fan btw!)

jeffd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jeffd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 am

I am too, even if the Hero Quests drive me nuts. I remember telling David on several occasions that next time Ernalda can feed her own **** tribe...

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”