Basics - Some presentation bugs

sctooker
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Basics - Some presentation bugs

Post by sctooker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Since there doesn't appear to be a way to report these issues in-game I'm posting her.

Overall I love the layout of the information, but on a retina iPad (4th generation in my case), many of the graphics are not retina quality. In the case of the movies, this is somewhat expected (though disappointing). However, the non-retina static images seem out of place. Here's a list of the images that seem like they should be higher resolution:

- Background - Europe Map
- The Objectives - red marks for Axis and Allies below the movie
- Units & Map - The static unit image, Allied, and Axis images
- Combat - All the images (especially the static ones). Even the movie would benefit since it is so short
- Important - Again, all the images here should be sharper (even the simple movie)

daviddunham
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Basics - Some presentation bugs

Post by daviddunham » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:58 pm

sctooker wrote:Since there doesn't appear to be a way to report these issues in-game I'm posting her.

Overall I love the layout of the information, but on a retina iPad (4th generation in my case), many of the graphics are not retina quality.
You can follow the process in http://www.shenandoah-studio.com/Forum/ ... p?f=9&t=43 and just delete the screen shot & save since it’s not relevant.

Basics didn’t get Retina treatment in part because I didn’t want to change the memory picture at the last minute.

P.S. Your nickname looks a little familiar, did you do QA for Apple tools?

sctooker

Post by sctooker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:14 pm

daviddunham wrote:P.S. Your nickname looks a little familiar, did you do QA for Apple tools?
Yes, I used to work in Developer Tools (originally in QA, later I worked on Xcode itself). I was also one of the main responders on the Xcode mailing list for quite a while, so that's possibly where you saw me :)

BTW, I'm still at Apple, but now I'm working on the internal tools used to build & ship all Apple software.

sctooker

Post by sctooker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:25 pm

daviddunham wrote:Basics didn’t get Retina treatment in part because I didn’t want to change the memory picture at the last minute.
That's what I expected. I'd love to see a future update where this gets cleaned up :)

Scott

daviddunham

Post by daviddunham » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 am

That’s right, I remember you got promoted out of QA. But looks like you haven’t forgotten how to do it :)

This stuff is all HTML where as I recall it’s more of a pain to do retina. Easier to do it for things like the map and units (where it’s also far more important IMO).

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”