El Alamein Info

s_Uberskooper
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

El Alamein Info

Post by s_Uberskooper »

I'm really enjoying the first Crisis in Command game and I'm looking forward to the next one. Are you folks at a point were you are willing to share a little information about El Alamein? Will there be similar mechanics (e.g., operational level game, supply rules, alternating turns, random time progress, historical special rules)? How will it be different from Bulge? Will it also by asymmetric? Do you have a rough time table for release?
s_nkarp
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: El Alamein Info

Post by s_nkarp »

Hmmm. .. good questions: we should have a post on El Alamein up shortly -- we're eager to get it (and further games in the series) out, but are not going to rush it!
Jenningss
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Jenningss »

I'd love to help kickstart a desert brouhaha.

Um, tried to do this under the developer diary but it wont accept my email as genuine. Oh bother.
Meridian99

Post by Meridian99 »

Just saw the El Alamein photo, and I am looking forward to the game!
One idea though: Maybe the options panel should be a different color or weathered by the sand? The one on now is the Bulge one (and I know it's a work in progress), but the grey/blueish color looks out of place in a desert environment.
Just a thought!
s_nkarp

Post by s_nkarp »

None of the graphics are real (much less final!) -- this is purely to test the game itself, on the iPad (which is a different experience than on paper).
s_Mylo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by s_Mylo »

I hope all the games in the CiC series have the same look, feel, mechanics, and gameplay....just different themes,maps,units, and special rules based on the particular battle. A player should be able to fire up any game and say, "Ah, this is a CiC game." without ever having played it.

Mylo
Pat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Pat »

Yup, that's the plan.

Pat
-------------------------------------------
Pat Ward
Art Director - the Shenandoah Studio
zohaa3492

Post by zohaa3492 »

Excellent thoughts on both sides. I love CDGs, but we need something that plays to the medium's many strengths. We did actually try to get the rights to Washington's War and may try for others of that type. The AI would be ferociously difficult to do well.
Try out our free 1Y0-400 - vce exams and latest comptia 70-487 - actual tests - braindumps.com training courses to get high flying success in final msu and www.mountwashington.edu exams, mcts Harvard University is also very useful tool.

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”