Crisi in Command question

Freyr Oakenshield
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Crisi in Command question

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

Will you be bringing out the other installments in the series for PC, i.e. Drive on Moscow and Desert Fox?

Best,
fr
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwXNI5ii4_WIzfA1Yi0Hp-w
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/freyr_oakenshield
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crisi in Command question

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're working on Desert Fox but we haven't made a decision on Desert Fox.
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

So it's been over a year now.. has a decision been made?
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

For now only Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow.
There are no plans to bring Desert Fox on pc at this moment.
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

That is rather disappointing. Pardon my ignorance as I do not own the DF title. Seeing that both DoM and BotB have already a working PC based engine, wouldn't adding DF be simply a matter of reskinning the main map, adding the proper units and setting up new parameters... or does DF have additional/new game mechanics that are not present in the first two titles?
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

You are correct, DF has some new mechanics. Also, none of the CiC games is a reskin of a previous CiC title. They follow a template.
If we do DF we'll customize the existing framework. Yes, it's easier than doing a game from scratch. We're still thinking of this option but we haven't commited to anything yet :)
Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Huragan »

That is wonderful and disappointing at the same time. Wonderful as additional game mechanics add complexity, enjoyment, re-playability, and over all a chance to show off your strategic genius... disappointing as it is obviously preventing the title from being released on all platforms.

With both BotB and DoM titles a resounding success and their internal mechanics working satisfactorily, would a new title not requiring the new mechanics based on these engines make sense. I am keenly aware of business imperatives, resources stretched to the limit and lack of funding for new projects and initiatives that all businesses face. That being said, the trend for small to midsized companies in now crowd sourcing/kickstarter funding. Would it not interest Shenandoah to find out what type of buy-in you have from your fans and gaming community in general by having them raise the capital for your next project? Failing that, those of us willing to be free beta testers also possess some mad programming and artistic skills. It would not be beyond the realm of possibility to get commitment from non-employees under an NDA to do completely pro-bono work for the exulted price of a "game designer contributor" credit. In this case I am specifically discussing a re-skinning of one of the game engines to play out a new campaign.

Anyway... these are my happy thoughts for the day... I hope they spark interest in your executive team and spur them into action :)

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”